PD Dr. med. Ulrich SchaudigCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- PD Dr. med. Ulrich Schaudig studied medicine at the Universities of Regensburg and Munich and spent part of his final year at the Medical Schools of the University of Colorado at Denver and the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- He started his postgraduate training in general and plastic surgery in Munich before he turned his interest to ophthalmology and entered the residency program at the University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf.
- After his board certification in 1997, he continued to work as an ophthalmologist at the University Hospital, with special interests in both oculoplastic and vitreoretinal surgery. He completed his PhD thesis on retinal imaging. He also served as the Head of the Ophthalmology Lab.
- He has published numerous articles in ophthalmological German and international journals. Dr. Schaudig is a member of various scientific societies and serves as a regular reviewer for several ophthalmological journals.
- In 2007, he took up the post of the Chief Physician of the Department of Ophthalmology at the Academic Teaching Hospital Asklepios Barmbek.