It is now possible to go abroad for treatment!
We issue urgent medical visas to go abroad!
Please contact us! We know everything about the available flights around the world!
About 246 million people in the world suffer from reduced visual acuity according to WHO. 90% of them live in low-income countries, and about 82% are over 50 years old. Refractive disorders such as myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism account for 43% of patients with visual impairment.
Myopia (myopia) is one of the most common causes of vision impairment. This pathology is characteristic with the shifting of an image focus, and the light rays gather into the beam in front of the retina.
This is possible because of:
- Lens overextension
- Changes in the shape of the eyeball, which may occur if reading hygiene is not respected
- Active use of mobile devices
- Intensive work or long hours at the computer
This is the most common form of refractive failure, which affects both day and twilight vision.
Treatment of Myopia in Germany
Doctors in Germany can recommend various treatment options, depending on the clinical situation and financial capabilities of the patient. Prescriptions are made after carrying out computer refractometry and ophthalmoscopy (examination of the fundus), which are mandatory diagnostic procedures.
LASIK presupposes the laser vision correction helping to correct myopia up to 15 diopters. Exposure to the tissue is performed using an excimer laser. A small cut is made on the surface of the cornea. By changing its refractive power in this way, it is possible to move the focus of the rays onto the retina.
Modern correction implies the use of a femtosecond laser - it is used in modern German hospitals. Therefore, the intervention is performed as accurately as possible, and the risk of complications is lower. The programmed technique allows you to obtain thin and even slices, which are difficult to achieve with manual control.
PRK (Photo Refractive Keratotomy) is a way to change the curvature of the cornea and its refractive properties, based on the ability of the beam of an excimer laser with a wavelength of 193 nm to induce evaporation (ablation) of living tissues without damaging or heating neighboring areas. This technique is often used for treatment of myopia with astigmatism.
The main difficulty with correction is reaching the stroma, lying under the epithelium and the Bowman membrane, to the stroma of the cornea for its ablation. Transepithelial LASEK is more accurate and safe, as well as less invasive. The preparation of the eye in the form of upper layers elimination is done without manual intervention. The result of the intervention is well predictable. Precisely calculated methods of reducing the cornea regeneration activity are used for proper healing. The strength of the eye becomes even higher than before the intervention, and patients do not need to give up the habitual way of life.
ReLEx SMILE is aninnovative method of vision correction using a femtosecond laser. In this case, the optical lens, the lenticular of the eye is removed through a small incision on the cornea.
The application of this technology has a number of important advantages:
- Patients do not experience severe pain within the first 1-3 days after surgery, as with other types of laser correction
- Therefore the rehabilitation period is reduced as much as possible, and vision is completely restored after 2 days, and not after several weeks, as in PRK
- A wider range of correction and a minimal traumatic effect on the eye
Replacement of the lens with intraocular lenses of appropriate refractoriness. If the cause of myopia is the change in the refractive properties of the lens, then it is possible to perform laser microoperations to replace it with a special implant. The artificial lens replaces the patient’s one. It is selected so that the focusing of the rays, while passing through it, was in the retina area of the eyes.
Benefits of laser vision correction in Germany
Thousands of patients are getting treatment for eye diseases such as myopia annually in Germany. People from the entire globe come here to benefit from the highly advanced German healthcare.
- A thorough examination. Ophthalmoscopy is the "gold standard" of diagnostics before laser correction in Germany. Ophthalmologists perform the operation, only being absolutely sure in the absence of retinal and vessels pathology of the fundus. Thus, the patient always receives quality treatment that meets the individual needs.
- Professionalism of medical personnel. German doctors learn and train for a long time before they are trusted to perform operations on the eyes. Therefore, the risk of medical errors is much lower. Operations are becoming safer and safer for the patient.
- High-tech equipment. The most modern equipment is used to diagnose and treat myopia in Germany. This also applies to laser devices for vision correction.
Arrangement of myopia treatment in Germany
If you want to cure myopia in Germany quickly, painlessly and safely, use the services of Booking Health. We will help you to:
- Choose a hospital where it is possible to conduct the latest and safest operations with a short period of postoperative recovery.
- Save up to 70% of the health care costs that you would spend by organizing treatment in Germany by yourself.
- To issue a health insurance that will cover your unforeseen medical expenses in case of some complications.
Make an application on the website, where you need to specify the name, phone number, your diagnosis and attach the most recent and important medical documentation. Your application will be processed within a few hours. Our service manager will select the best clinic for treating myopia and will contact you to discuss the organizational issues.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova