Due to the difficulties associated with the organization of treatment in Turkey, Switzerland, South Korea and India, we are not currently processing requests to these regions.
If you are interested in treatment in Germany, please leave a request and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
A special feature of the University Hospital Heidelberg is the development and implementation of innovations in the daily medical practice. Both research centres and departments of the hospital pay close attention to the treatment of cardiovascular and oncological diseases. Other high-tech branches of medicine are also well developed here.
- Treatment at the Heidelberg
- Main medical focuses
- Arrangement of Treatment at the University Hospital of Heidelberg
Treatment at the Heidelberg
Heidelberg is a small German city along the Neckar River. The Heidelberg University is a landmark institute in this city. It is also one of the most reputable German clinics.
One of the main attractions of Heidelberg is the Mountain Railway, which was constructed in 1890 to connect the Castle with the Molkenkur station and with the top of Mount Königshtul.
The city has a history of being at the forefront of science and technology. Here one can find:
- DKFZ – German Cancer Research Center
- EMBL – European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Max Planck Institute for Medical Research
There is no airport in the city however, you can get here by car or by train.
Main medical focuses
The University Hospital Heidelberg provides an effective treatment of the following diseases:
- Breast cancer. The Department of Mammology specializes in the treatment of breast pathologies. Breast cancer is one of the priorities for doctors.It cooperates closely with the Department of Gynaecology, particularly with the Section of Gynaecologic Oncology. The diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer involves the use of cutting-edge methods and technology.
- Colon cancer. The Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology offers quality services for the treatment of lower bowel cancer. The department treats patients with rare tumors, such as gastrointestinal stromal tumors. The department cooperates with the National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) in Heidelberg.
- Diabetes. The Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism is considered one of the best for the treatment of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. On this grounds, the Center for Diabetes and Obesity was also established here. Patient care is provided by experts with different specializations.
- Cardiac Surgery. The Department of Cardiac Surgery is staffed by highly qualified surgeons who can perform surgery of varying complexity. Here one can undergo heart transplantation, coronary artery bypass grafting with the use of minimally invasive techniques, aortic and heart valve surgery. Vascular endopirostheses can also be implanted here.
- Cardiology. The Department of Cardiology, Angiology and Pulmonology is the largest department in the University Hospital Heidelberg. It includes 9 sections staffed with more than 500 qualified employees. The department can treat virtually any cardiac disease.
- Orthopedics. The Department of Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery deals with both conservative and surgical treatment of patients suffering from diseases of the musculoskeletal system as well as injuries of any severity. Each patient receives an individual treatment plan. The department performs joint replacement surgeries, microsurgical hand procedures and here one can benefit from the services of the Spinal Surgery Center.
- Prostate Cancer. The Department of Urology is recognized as the Center of Excellence, specializing in the treatment of all diseases relating to the genitourinary system. The department treats more than 16,000 patients every year. Doctors have at their disposal the Da Vinci surgical system, which is used to perform radical prostatectomy.
- Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy. The National Center for Tumor Diseases in Heidelberg belongs to the German Cancer Research Center, the University Hospital Heidelberg and the Department of Thoracic Surgery at the same University, as well as to the German Cancer Society. Both interdisciplinary cooperation and good equipment contribute to the use of the most advanced and highly effective radiotherapy and methods of chemotherapy.
Arrangement of Treatment at the University Hospital of Heidelberg
If you want to go to the Heidelberg University Hospital, you can be sure that your health will be placed in the reliable hands of the best specialists in the country. However, the arrangement of the trip itself can cause certain difficulties. Therefore, it is more convenient, easier and cost effective to use Booking Health services.
We will help:
- Find a clinic
- Book treatment, diagnostics or rehabilitation at the best price
- Reduce waiting time for a doctor’s appointment
- Apply for a visa
- Translate medical documents into German
- Get to Germany
- Provide transport to Heidelberg and then to the hospital
- Save up to 70% of the treatment costs
You will receive insurance covering all unforeseen medical expenses. It will be valid for the entire period of treatment and the following 48 months after its completion.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!