Due to the difficulties associated with the organization of treatment in Turkey, Switzerland, South Korea and India, we are not currently processing requests to these regions.
If you are interested in treatment in Germany, please leave a request and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
Rehabilitation is an obligatory stage in the treatment process of patients with stroke, cerebral palsy, scoliosis, joint diseases and oncological pathology. However, medical facilities often provide medical care in acute cases and do not pay enough attention to rehabilitation therapy. As a rule, the rehabilitation programs are carried out on the basis of private centers, which are able to purchase the necessary equipment and engage qualified rehabilitologists for cooperation. For the same reason, the patients are increasingly seeking medical help from the foreign clinics with long clinical experience and patented rehabilitation techniques.
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Oncological rehabilitation
- Specificities of rehabilitation in Germany
- Rehabilitation programs in Germany for foreign patients
Neurorehabilitation in Germany helps to recover from hemorrhagic or ischemic stroke, traumatic injuries of the brain and spinal cord, degenerative and inflammatory diseases of the nervous system. In children, it is most often performed in cerebral palsy or psychomotor developmental disorders.
Neurological rehabilitation combines drug stimulation of the central and peripheral nervous system, as well as direct work with the musculoskeletal system. The following methods are applied:
- Use of neuro- and angioprotectors
- Therapeutic exercises, physical work with a rehabilitologist
- Work with a speech therapist
- Ergotherapy, restoration of the ability to fulfil activities of daily living
- Restoration of fine motor skills using Amadeo system
- Restoration of the coordinated work of the upper limb muscles using Armeo-power simulator, stimulation of the regeneration of the nerve endings on the arm
- Reduced spasticity and increased muscle strength of the lower limbs using Lokomat simulator, restoration of walking pattern
- Correction of gait and body position using TheraSuit Method, stimulation of motor skills and mental development
For example, neurological rehabilitation after stroke is divided into phases A, B, C, and D. The measures of phase A are carried out within the Intensive Care Unit, in the acute stage of pathology, and they move to phase B – early rehabilitation on an inpatient basis, outside the Intensive Care Unit. Phase C, or subsequent rehabilitation is carried out on an outpatient basis. It is reinforced by supporting rehabilitation of phase D.
Orthopedic rehabilitation in Germany improves the quality of life of patients with scoliosis, traumatic injuries of the musculoskeletal system, rheumatologic lesions of bones and joints (for example, in rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthrosis). It is aimed at functional recovery and pain relief.
The musculoskeletal rehabilitation methods include the following options:
- Massage, manual therapies
- Physiotherapy (extracorporeal shockwave therapy, magnetotherapy, laser therapy, electrophoresis with drugs)
- Mechanotherapy (passive work out of large and small joints)
- Electrical stimulation of nerve centers and nerve endings
- Work with a verticalizer (for example, Verte Trek in clinically significant cervical and lumbar disc herniation)
- Work with the spinal decompression system (for example, DRX 9000 C in clinically significant thoracic and lumbar disc herniation)
Due to the resistance of bone tissue to external therapeutic effects, the courses of orthopedic rehabilitation last at least 1-2 months. At the same time, the benefit of such treatment significantly exceeds its potential financial risks, since the orthopedic rehabilitation allows delay or completely eliminate surgical treatment.
Oncological rehabilitation is carried out after a course of chemotherapy, during the postoperative period, as well as during the period of persistent remission. Unfortunately, the cancer treatment techniques approved by international protocols often have negative effect on healthy body tissues. Oncological rehabilitation helps to eliminate the negative effects of radiation and drug therapy, thereby allowing patients to return to normal life or to maximally improve their well-being.
Oncological rehabilitation takes into account the age, patient's general condition, his physical abilities and motivation. The accurate diagnostics and treatment are also taken into account. For example, the rehabilitation program after mastectomy in breast cancer in young and middle-aged women includes the following measures:
- Massage and manual lymphatic drainage
- Physical exercises (restoration of upper limb function on the affected side)
- Balneotherapy (carbon dioxide baths)
- Mud poultice application
- Training in relaxation techniques (yoga, meditation)
Oncological rehabilitation is necessarily supplemented by psychological consultations – individual and in self-help groups. The cooperation with a psychologist helps to cope with depression and accept the changes, which have occurred in a body.
Specificities of rehabilitation in Germany
The availability of diagnostic and therapeutic equipment, as well as rich clinical experience in recovery of patients with various pathologies, allow German specialists to strictly follow the principles of quality rehabilitation. These are:
- Comprehensiveness – the use of complementary techniques, for example, a combination of physiotherapy and drug therapy
- Staging – modulation of intensity of the therapeutic effect, for example, a gradual increase in physical activity
- Control – continuous medical monitoring and dynamic assessment of changes in the patient's condition
- Regularity and duration – the scheme of therapeutic procedures and the duration of therapy are constantly adjusted depending on the patient's condition
In addition, the specialized clinics in Germany always carry out the rehabilitation in a multidisciplinary manner. The following doctors from various fields cooperate actively within the program:
- Neurologists, orthopedists, cardiologists, oncologists and other dedicated specialists
- Exercise specialists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Psychologists, self-help groups
Rehabilitation programs in Germany for foreign patients
Along with German citizens, German Rehabilitation Centers admit patients from other countries for a treatment. In order to correctly prepare the necessary documents and definitely receive an invitation for a treatment, it will be more convenient to use the services of the Booking Health company for international patients. The Booking Health company is the only certified medical tourism operator in the world, which helps patients from 75 countries to undergo the rehabilitation in Germany.
The specialists of Booking Health will help you with such important aspects as:
- Selection the best hospital based on an annual qualification profile
- Establishment of communication with your attending physician
- Preparation of medical program in advance
- Provision of favorable costs for the rehabilitation, without overpricing and additional coefficients for foreign patients (saving up to 50%)
- Booking the appointment with a doctor on the convenient date for you
- Monitoring of medical program at all its stages
- Buying and forwarding of medicines
- Communication with the hospital after treatment completion
- Control of invoices and return of unspent funds
- Organization of additional examinations, if necessary
- High-quality service: booking of hotels, airline tickets, transfer
Please, leave a request with basic medical and contact information on the Booking Health website, and wait for a call from the specialist of our company within 24 hours.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!