Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular plastic surgeries on the face. Functional rhinoplasty restores normal nasal breathing for impaired nasal passages. Reconstructive rhinoplasty corrects bones, cartilage and soft tissues of the nose in case of injuries or birth defects. Aesthetic rhinoplasty allows for changing the shape and size of the nose in accordance with the wishes of the patient. Turkish medical centers provide men and women with all kinds of nasal plastic surgeries. Turkish hospitals offer uniquely designed operations, internationally recognized experienced doctors and low prices for treatment.
- TravelMEDI Clinic Istanbul
- Medical Park Gebze Hospital
- Medipol Mega University Hospital, Istanbul
- Skin Health Turkey, Istanbul
- High-quality and cheap rhinoplasty in Turkey with Booking Health
TravelMEDI Clinic Istanbul
The TravelMEDI Clinic Istanbul is the progressive healthcare institution that specializes in plastic interventions and hair restoration. In addition to the prestigious JCI (Joint Commission International) certification, the clinic has the MTQUA (Medical Travel Quality Alliance) certificate of the American standard. Actually, TravelMEDI Clinic Istanbul is the only Turkish hospital that corresponds to the requirements of this certificate.
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic Surgery is headed by Dr. med. Esra Bilgen – the specialist in the sphere of plastic and reconstructive surgery, and active member of Turkish Society of Plastic Surgeons. Due to the extensive practical experience and availability of modern equipment, surgeons offer patients different types of rhinoplasty, such as:
- Open rhinoplasty that is characterized by improved visualization of the operating field and better accuracy.
- Closed rhinoplasty that is characterized by minimal tissue trauma and invisible scars.
- Nose reshaping with fillers (nonsurgical or liquid rhinoplasty) in patients who want to smooth out nose bumps and irregularities.
- Ultrasound rhinoplasty that reshapes nasal bones and hard cartilage with the help of piezoelectric inserts (PIE). PIE do not affect soft tissues and are safer than the conventional surgical instruments.
- Nasal tip correction, without correction of nasal bones or hard cartilage.
- Septoplasty in patients with the nasal septum deviation and difficulty breathing through the nose.
Plastic surgeons also perform revision rhinoplasty, which includes correction of the previous unsuccessful interventions. Revision rhinoplasty is usually more complicated than the primary one, as a surgeon has to operate on already traumatized tissues. In order to receive the desired result, the computer modelling is performed before the intervention.
Medical Park Gebze Hospital
The Medical Park Hospitals Group unites 28 modern hospitals in different cities of Turkey. The Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the hospital of the city of Gebze, which is headed by Assoc. Prof. Dr. med. Burak Sercan Erçin, specializes in nasal plastic surgery. The specialists of the department use computer 3D modeling to imagine the desired result of cosmetic operations. This allows for choosing the most suitable surgical procedure for a particular patient.
As a rule, when performing the operation, a surgeon corrects bones and large cartilages of the nose, while the skin can adapt to its new form without additional intervention due to its elasticity. If necessary, the surgeons can perform a combined intervention with simultaneous correction of the shape of the upper lip. This allows achieving a more harmonious appearance. A feature of such combined operations is the absence of additional scars, since an access to the internal structures of the nose and upper lip is through the same incisions.
A special offer of the department is a more complex intervention – a combination of nose job with rhytidectomy (face and neck lift). Due to the simultaneous work of several surgeons, a single procedure can change the shape of the nose, improve the tone of the skin of the face and neck, and remove the excess subcutaneous fatty tissue in the chin area. The peelings and filler injections can serve as consolidating procedures in the late postoperative period. This allows getting the perfect oval and facial features, as well as a healthy looking skin.
Medipol Mega University Hospital, Istanbul
The Medipol Mega University Hospital is the cheapest place in Istanbul where one can get medical services at the level of university medicine. This was made possible thanks to the law adopted in 2018, which specifies that the treatment at the hospitals accredited by the Ministry of Health for international patients exempts them from VAT. The Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery headed by Prof. Dr. med. Mustafa Keskin performs nasal surgeries on medical indications and at the request of the patient himself (in patients over 18 years old).
Depending on the goals, age and general condition of the patient, the plastic surgeons offer one of the following interventions:
- Nostril plastic surgery is a reduction of the size of the wings of the nose, correction of their shape.
- Septoplasty is an alignment of the curved nasal septum.
- Conchotomy is a curettage of the hypertrophied mucous membrane of the nasal concha, which interferes with normal nasal breathing.
- Nasal columella correction is a restoration of the normal nasolabial angle, surgery for too wide or sagging columella.
- Nasal augmentation and grafting is an increase in the size of the bone or cartilage of the nose.
- Nasal lipofilling is an increase in the back of the nose and the width of the nose due to the transplantation of the patient’s own subcutaneous fat.
- Injection rhinoplasty is a correction of the shape of the nose due to the introduction of fillers based on hyaluronic acid.
- Tip plasty is a correction of a thickened or sagging tip of the nose.
In addition to surgeons, ENT doctors, general practitioners and clinical psychologists often work with patients in the department. This allows taking into account all the nuances of the patient's condition and maximize his condition.
Skin Health Turkey, Istanbul
The Skin Health Turkey is a leading private medical facility in Istanbul that offers aesthetic nasal surgery using both open and closed surgical techniques. The Department of Plastic Surgery and Hair Transplantation is headed by Dr. med. Öykü Maraşoğlu Çelen, a member of the Association of Turkish Doctors and the Istanbul Medical Chamber. A wide range of nasal plastic surgery techniques (more than 10 classical and uniquely designed modifications of operations) allows doctors to select the surgical procedures that are most suitable for the anatomical features of patients, the type of deformation and the state of bone structures.
The main difference between open and closed rhinoplasty techniques is the localization of skin incisions. When performing facial surgeries, this factor is of particular importance. The open nasal plastic surgery implies an incision of the skin and soft tissues between the nostrils, while the closed one uses small incisions inside the nostrils. Despite somewhat greater invasiveness, open rhinoplasty provides the surgeon with better visual control and greater access to the surgical field. The postoperative sutures are located in the natural folds of the face and over time become completely invisible.
Due to the duration of the procedure (from 1 to 3 hours), both types of plastic surgery are performed under general anesthesia. Local anesthesia is used for minor interventions on the wings of the nose or its cartilage. After the surgery is completed, the patient remains in the hospital for 1-2 days, under the supervision of medical personnel. Before discharge from the hospital, the patient receives detailed recommendations on precautions in the postoperative period. The recommendations include sleeping on your back or side, excluding wearing glasses, excluding active sports and swimming, gentle face washing, preventing touching nose while changing clothes.
High-quality and cheap rhinoplasty in Turkey with Booking Health
Turkish hospitals treat many international patients. Last year, the number of medical tourists in Turkey reached 1 million people. Most large hospitals offer all-inclusive service, when in addition to medical services, the hospital provides the patient with an interpreter and helps with accommodation. Nevertheless, the choice of the hospital and the plastic surgeon in itself is a difficult and responsible task, which can be difficult to cope with without a medical education or experience in the field of plastic surgery.
As a certified international medical tourism operator, Booking Health provides reliable and objective information about the performance of the hospitals, their employees, prices for medical and related services. The patients can study the information on their own on the Booking Health website or seek free individual advice from the company's doctors.
In addition to selecting the most suitable medical facility, Booking Health provides other services:
- Preliminary distance consultation with the surgeon
- Quick appointment for preoperative examination and rhinoplasty
- Independent external control of the implementation of the medical program at all its stages
- Communication with the hospital upon treatment completion and patient’s discharge of the patient
- Opportunity to save money by eliminating extra charges and additional coefficients for foreigners (save up to 50%)
- Control of invoices and return of unspent funds
- Organization of additional diagnostic tests, subsequent treatment
- Top-level service: booking apartments, airline tickets, transfers, arranging interpreting services
- 24/7 support from a personal medical coordinator
Please leave your request on the Booking Health website, and the consulting physician will select the options for operations for any case and any budget – from the cheapest rhinoplasty in a good hospital to operations with a VIP-class service.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova