Due to the difficulties associated with the organization of treatment in Turkey, Switzerland, South Korea and India, we are not currently processing requests to these regions.
If you are interested in treatment in Germany, please leave a request and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
Liposuction is one of the most popular surgeries for improvement of appearance. It allows patients to reduce the severity of obesity immediately, by the removal of excessive subcutaneous fat. The operation is minimally traumatic. Patients recover quickly after it and get good aesthetic results.
Liposuction is more often carried out abroad. People around the world seek for the cheaper, better, safer and more comfortable medical services. We will tell you about the types and peculiarities of liposuction and also about the main places where you can undergo this procedure in 2020.
- The principle of this method
- Types of liposuction
- Laser lipolysis
- What operations can be performed along with liposuction?
- How much does liposuction cost abroad?
- Where can I get assistance?
The principle of this method
Liposuction is a vacuum fat removal. It can be performed with pre-emulsification or without it. The method was developed in 1984 when a minimally traumatic method of fat removal using surgical suction was elaborated.
Fat is usually disintegrated by ultrasound waves, laser, vibration, electricity or other energy before suction. Then the tissue is removed in one of the following two ways:
- Sharp cannula is often used for removal of fat deposits on the hips
- Blunt-ended tube is used for removal of fat from areas with good blood supply (this technique leaves 1-2 cm of subcutaneous fat under the skin)
Сavities are formed after the procedure. They will eventually fill up with a connective tissue. Excessive skin above the intervention area is reduced gradually.
Types of liposuction
As aesthetic medicine develops, more and more liposuction techniques appear. Some are considered obsolete and almost never used. A great number of new methods are also available in medical practice, all of them have both advantages and disadvantages. The main techniques for removal of the excessive subcutaneous fat are:
- Dry liposuction involves fat aspiration without prior infiltration with a solution. The procedure is used rarely. It is more traumatic, as it requires incisions on the body of more than 5 mm for insertion of large cannulas.
- Wet liposuction involves the preliminary injection of a solution into the subcutaneous fat. It usually contains a local anesthetic for pain relief and adrenaline that reduces blood loss and makes anesthesia more efficient. A doctor injects 200-300 ml of liquid, and then sucks it out with the dissolved fat with the help of an aspirator.
- Syringe technique differs from the above mentioned techniques by reduced injury rate. A doctor does not suck fat out with an aspirator. He uses a special syringe. The procedure does not require large incisions on the abdomen and is not accompanied by massive blood loss.
- Ultrasound liposuction (cavitation) is one of the most popular methods. The fat is emulsified with the help of ultrasound and then extracted by a vacuum system. The procedure is sparing, does not require large incisions, does not lead to the formation of large scars. The method reduces the risk of superficial deformation of the skin. Ultrasound is good because it destroys only cells with increased fluid content (fat cells), but does not injure ligaments, nerves and blood vessels.
- Vibrational or vibro-mechanical liposuction is another type of liposuction with pre-emulsification of fats. Instead of ultrasound, a vibrating cannula is used for this purpose. It simultaneously "breaks down" fat deposits and sucks out the fat. The method is good for removal of fat in areas where a large number of connective tissue is present. The vibrating technique does not damage blood vessels, therefore, it does not impair the blood supply to the skin. It is effective in places for liposuction, where delicate processing and removal of small deposits of adipose tissue is required. The technique allows a doctor to obtain smooth skin and correct the contours of the body perfectly. However, vibrational liposuction is not suitable for fat removal in the face and neck region due to the large size of the cannula.
- Rotational liposuction influences adipose tissue with a rotating element, which "cuts out" its fragments. The method is used for removal of the surface layer of fat, which is located in immediate proximity to the skin. The spiral shape of the cannula allows a doctor to avoid damage to blood vessels, as they are twisted, but not torn. Therefore, this method ensures minimal blood loss, the risk of skin necrosis is reduced to almost zero. Rotational liposuction is most often used for removal of excess fat on the shoulders, breasts, and lower limbs. Like other types of procedures, it can be used for improving the contour of the upper and lower areas of the anterior abdominal wall.
Laser liposuction, or laser lipolysis, is one of the most advanced methods for removal of excess fat on the abdominal wall. The laser fiber is inserted through a puncture in the skin with a diameter of 1 mm. It "burns out" holes in fat cells. As a result, fat flows into the intercellular space and can be sucked out easily with an aspirator. In some modifications, fat is not removed at all, as it dissolves itself in a few months.
An important advantage of the procedure is the stimulation of the formation of connective tissue. It tightens the skin and improves the aesthetic result. Laser liposuction, unlike other methods, does not lead to the formation of hematomas. Blood loss is practically absent.
Laser is a perfect method for removal of adipose tissue in places where it is necessary to remove small volumes. For example, it is used for correction of fat deposits on the chin.
Laser lipolysis eliminates the development of cellulite. It improves skin health and smoothes imperfections. Laser liposuction is often used after previous unsuccessful plastic surgeries.
The most modern clinics use Nd:YAG laser with a wavelength of 1064 nm. It provides high accuracy, selectivity, eliminates thermal burns of the surrounding tissues.
What operations can be performed along with liposuction?
Liposuction is on the border of two medical fields, one of which deals with obesity (bariatrics), and the other is aimed at improving the appearance of a person (aesthetic medicine, plastic surgery).
Liposuction is carried out in patients with obesity. It is indicated primarily for people whose subcutaneous fat prevails over visceral (i.e. located near the internal organs) fat. Liposuction is not a comprehensive treatment for obesity. The procedure does not reduce the risks associated with this disease (cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus, etc.). It only corrects the appearance of a person, allowing him to get rid of fat in some areas.
Liposuction is often combined with the methods of bariatric surgery . It allows to achieve the following benefits:
- Improve appearance faster (it takes 2-3 years to lose weight after bariatric surgery)
- Reduce the radicalism of bariatric surgery (make less traumatic surgery with reduced risk of complications)
Liposuction refers to the methods of aesthetic medicine and is often combined with other plastic surgeries. Most often, it is carried out simultaneously with abdominoplasty. A doctor not only removes excess fat, but also tightens the skin of the abdomen, sutures the discrepancy (diastasis) of the rectus muscles, sometimes he also removes hernias.
Classic abdominoplasty is an open operation with large incisions, but the combination with liposuction allows a doctor to perform it in a less traumatic manner – through small punctures, using endoscopic techniques.
Liposuction can be combined with lipofilling. Fat which was removed from the abdomen can be injected elsewhere. For example, it is used for breast augmentation.
How much does liposuction cost abroad?
A huge number of people resort to medical tourism for better, cheaper operations, high-quality services, care, and a higher level of comfort. Liposuction can be performed in different countries. Such destinations for liposuction as Turkey, Thailand, India, Germany and South Korea are very popular among medical tourists. The hospitals in these countries are ready to admit you.
The costs for medical services in these countries differ significantly. They depend not only on the country, but also on the method of liposuction, fat removal area, combination with other methods of plastic surgery. The table below demonstrates the approximate prices for different procedures in the leading countries in the field of medical tourism.
|Country / costs for the procedure (EUR)||Laser liposuction||Breast lipofilling with abdominal liposuction|
As it is obvious from this table, liposuction is the cheapest in Thailand and India. These countries are not considered leaders in the level of medical systems development. Nevertheless, they have many good clinics focusing on international patients. Many patients from developed countries come here to save money.
Liposuction in Turkey is a little more expensive. In this country, the procedure is carried out very often, since Turkey is among the countries with the highest prevalence of obesity. Doctors in Turkish clinics have vast experience in liposuction. This country is also famous for its high level of services, comfort, and friendly attitude towards tourists.
The level of medicine is higher in Germany and South Korea, but liposuction is more expensive here. People from such developed countries as the USA, Japan or the UK, often come here, as the medical services are even more expensive in their native countries. Citizens of developing countries go to South Korean and German clinics primarily due to the high-quality medical services.
Where can I get assistance?
If you want to undergo liposuction abroad, you can use the services of Booking Health, the international medical tourism provider with the experience of over 10 years. We provide the following benefits:
- Selection of the clinic, which specializes in plastic surgery, uses modern liposuction techniques – minimally traumatic ones, providing best aesthetic results
- Reduced waiting for a treatment
- Reduced costs for medical services due to avoiding coefficients for foreign patients
- Direct communication with the doctor
- Elaboration of a treatment program without repeating previously performed diagnostic tests
- Buying and forwarding of medicines
- Communication with the clinic after the treatment program completion
- Organization of additional diagnostics, treatment or rehabilitation
The specialists of Booking Health provide TOP-class services. We will book a hotel and airline tickets for you, meet you at the airport and take you to the clinic by car.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!