The quality ofhealthcare in some countries is not able to always satisfy the needs of its citizens. People cannot receive adequate care in severe cases or when suffering from a rare disease. High rate of diagnostic errors is marked in the states with poorly developed healthcare system. Even treatment of simple illnesses often turn into complications because of violating protocols of medical care, insufficient resources and using wrong therapeutic schemes by the doctors. However, those who seek treatment at German hospitals to obtain diagnostic and treatment procedures of a completely different quality, can experience the difference in healthcare. All modern research techniques are available here as well as the high-tech surgeries and therapeutic procedures. Doctors practise a higher level of excellence, following approved treatment schemes that have clinically proved their effectiveness. It makes sense to invest a little more and go to Germany to improve one’s health. The question is how do we arrange the trip?
Let us present to you the step-by-step process which have to be followed by a potential patient seeking healthcare in Germany:
1. Search for a suitable hospital
You are welcome to use the online platform Booking Health to find the most suitable hospital for treatment. We have directly contracted with more 250 European hospitals. These are German, Austrian and Swiss healthcare institutions. Here you will see the current cost of all the diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitation programs.
Here are a few tips to consider when choosing a hospital:
- How far its doctors have succeeded treating certain group of illnesses
- What does the therapeutic program consist of
- What is the price of the program
- Will it be comfortable and easy for you to get to the hospital
- Accommodation conditions offered for the patient and his/her accompanying person
2. Write an official letter to the hospital’s Head Physician
So, you have selected the appropriate healthcare institution. Links to the official websites are shown on the Booking Health web site. You can click on the link and receive contacts of any medical centre.
Your next step is communication with the Head Physician. You must write an official letter to him/her to find out if you have a chance to get treatment at the hospital, agree on the cost of the therapeutic program, terms of the first doctor’s consultation and hospitalization. Unfortunately, this stage of the planning causes difficulties for many patients. The language barrier is the first one. You will have to find a translator who can write a letter in German for you. You might receive the answer in several weeks or you might not get it at all. This is the second issue. That’s why it’s better to write to several hospitals at once.
3. Payment for medical services
If you have agreed with the Head Physician on every detail and the price is suitable for you, you are going to receive a bill for healthcare services. The bill is paid in advance. If there is a surplus on the amount that you paid, the refund will be returned to you after the completion of the treatment.
4. Issuing a visa
You talk to the secretary of the Head Physician after the payment and ask to send you an invitation. The invitation is a must in order to obtain a visa for treatment abroad. You can get ready for the trip after you get a visa.
5. Trip for treatment
You will need all the documentation from the hospitals you were getting treatment in your home country. Paperwork has to be translated into German. Thus, you are going to need a translator again.
Before you leave for Germany you will need to take care of following problems:
- Book a hotel
- Prepare the transfer from the airport to the hospital
- Search for a translator in Germany to communicate with the medical personnel
Certain services you can order directly at the hospital, where you will be undergoing treatment. But, this is quite expensive. The cost of the services can increase up to 40% of the treatment cost.
Alternative scheme of Arranging Treatment Abroad
There is another, less stressful, way to organize treatment abroad. It is simple, faster and is associated to the consultants of Booking Health company. We have dealt with the arranging of treatment abroad for many years already.
If you ask us for help it will help you to:
- Save time, leaving major worries about the trip behind
- Select the best hospital for the most appropriate treatment relating to the nature of your illness
- Shorten the waiting time for the first doctor’s visit and hospitalization
- Receive the full package of service offers, such as paperwork translation, interpretation, issuing a visa, transfer from and to the airport to the hospital
- Save up to 70% of costs on treatment and its organizing
- Obtain German insurance by BookingHealth which is valid for 48 months and will cover all the unexpected medical expenses up to 200 Thousand Euros
- Receive doctor’s advice within 3 months after completion of treatment at no extra charge
Leave a request on the Booking Health website to access all the benefits of arranging treatment abroad. Out service-manager will contact you within a few hours.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Many treatments program are already bookable on bookinghealth.com
Booking Health is an international online platform, which specialises in booking medical services. Modern technical innovations have allowed Booking Health to elevate the quality of medical tourism to a high level. The portal offers its services in three leading areas: diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation. All these three areas include list of medical programs allowing patients to choose the most preferable option and duration of their treatment. Germany, Switzerland, and Austria are leading countries, where patients can book the most advanced and professional medical program. Patients also have the opportunity to compare various programs and recommendations. Finally, you have your own choice of booking online the appropriate health or medical program.