Oral and maxillofacial surgery is one of the most complex medical fields. When performing an operation on the facial part of the skull and lower jaw, a doctor must not only cure the disease but also preserve the appearance of a person and all functions, such as chewing, speech, breathing, etc. Foreign specialists can successfully solve all these problems. You can travel abroad to undergo your treatment for oral and maxillofacial diseases at one of the specialized centers.
- What diseases can be treated by oral and maxillofacial surgeons?
- Why to undergo treatment abroad?
Doctors abroad successfully perform operations on the oral and maxillofacial area of any complexity. They cure tumors, including malignant ones, developmental abnormalities, injuries, including chronic injuries, and treat diseases of the salivary glands and temporomandibular joints.
You can seek medical attention from one of the following hospitals: University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich, University Hospital Frankfurt am Main, or University Hospital Erlangen.
The Booking Health company will take care of all the arrangements for your trip abroad.
What diseases can be treated by oral and maxillofacial surgeons?
Doctors in the departments of oral and maxillofacial surgery abroad successfully cope with the following diseases in adult patients and children:
- congenital developmental anomalies of the oral and maxillofacial area, such as cleft lip and palate (cleft lip, cleft palate, and their combinations);
- malignant and benign neoplasms, including oral cancer, orbital rhabdomyosarcoma, and osteoma;
- salivary stones, acute salivary gland inflammation, cysts, and fistulas;
- traumatic injuries of the bones and joints of the facial part of the skull;
- facial soft tissue injuries, including burns and frostbite;
- severe arthrosis of the temporomandibular joint;
- inflammatory diseases, such as osteomyelitis, abscesses, phlegmons, etc.;
- jaw and soft tissue cysts.
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons work closely with otolaryngologists, ophthalmologists, dentists, plastic surgeons, and other specialists. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons perform operations to prepare patients for dental implantation and take part in aesthetic and reconstructive interventions to restore the appearance and functions of the oral and maxillofacial area after severe injuries, diseases, and operations.
Why to undergo treatment abroad?
Treatment methods offered abroad are modern, sparing, and as minimally traumatic as possible. Doctors are increasingly resorting to the use of endoscopic equipment, for example, when treating salivary gland diseases. Many operations can be performed through the oral cavity, which allows for better aesthetic results: the scars remain invisible, as they are in the mouth. If doctors make skin incisions, they choose areas hidden by hair or skin folds.
Foreign doctors have at their disposal state-of-the-art equipment for the diagnostics of diseases. For example, they can recreate the maxillofacial region in 3D to better plan a surgical procedure.
Even with a significant loss of tissues in the oral and maxillofacial area, foreign surgeons manage to find a solution to the problem. They use grafts from other parts of the body or artificial materials to restore the integrity of the mandible or other bones.
There are a few reasons for you to undergo your treatment at clinics abroad:
- even the most severe diseases can be successfully cured;
- doctors use minimally invasive surgical techniques;
- good aesthetic results of surgical interventions as you will not only get rid of a dangerous disease but will also look good after the completion of your treatment;
- whenever possible, all treatment goals are sought to be achieved in a single operation;
- good functional outcomes as after the operation you will be able to swallow and breathe freely, and speak clearly.
Highly qualified doctors and well-equipped oral and maxillofacial surgery centers are waiting for you abroad. You are welcome to visit the Booking Health website to see the cost of treatment, select the most suitable hospitals, and make your appointment at the best price. Our employees will advise you on all issues and fully organize your trip abroad for treatment.
The article was edited by medical experts, board-certified doctors Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova and Dr. Vadim Zhiliuk. For the treatment of the conditions referred to in the article, you must consult a doctor; the information in the article is not intended for self-medication!