University Hospital of Würzburg mostly specializes in the areas of Medicine such as Oncology, Hematology and diseases affecting the heart and central nervous system. The Hospital consists of 18 departments, including 5 clinical institutes and 5 institutes of Experimental Medicine. Interdisciplinary interaction of doctors is also a key feature of the Hospital.
Treatment in Würzburg
Würzburg is a small German town located in Bavaria. Although the town's population is not big, its opportune geographical location has made Würzburg a major transport junction. Machinery and food industry are also well-developed in this region.
Würzburg is a University town. University of Julius-Maximilian is considered to be the largest educational institution in the area. It was founded in 1402. One of the most respected German University Clinics is also located here. Even though there is no airport in Würzburg, it can be easily reached by car from other German cities.
Main medical directions
Diseases effectively treated in the clinic include:
- Colorectal Cancer. Medical Department II (Department of Hematology, Oncology, Gastroenterology and Rheumatology) specializes in the treatment of intestinal oncology. New medical advancements are widely used here, including Immunotherapy, Cell therapy (use of stem cells) and various chemotherapy treatment courses.
- Cardiology. Medical Department I (Department of Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Pulmonology and Angiology) specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of coronary heart diseases and also in the treatment of all types of cardiac arrhythmias, hypertension and other cardiac pathologies.
- Parkinson's disease. Department of Neurology has been awarded the title “Center of Profound Experience in Treatment of Neurological Diseases”. The latest conservative and surgical techniques are used here to treat Parkinson's disease. These techniques can delay the onset of further symptoms of this pathology for a long time.
- Prostate cancer. Department of Urology and Paediatric Urology offers highly qualified medical care for patients with malignant formations of the prostate. Robotic surgery is widely practiced in this department. This type of surgery ensures the removal of the tumor in a less traumatic and safer method.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Medical Department II (Department of Hematology, Oncology, Gastroenterology and Rheumatology) effectively offer conservative treatment of almost all types of cancer. Modern medications and newest methods of radiotherapy are used to achieve this goal.
Organizing treatment at University Hospital Würzburg
If you want to undergo treatment at University Hospital of Würzburg, please, contact Booking Health.
The advantages of using our services include:
- Less waiting time for the doctor
- All administrative arrangements with the Hospital are effectively organized by Booking Health,(admission time, which doctor receives you, accommodation for the accompanying person, individual meals, accommodation in wards of increased comfort etc)
- Full package of services: assistance in getting a visa, translation of documents, interpreter in Germany for communicating with the clinic's staff, transfer to the city of Würzburg from the nearest airport
- Saving money - up to 70% on the cost of treatment
- German insurance issued by Booking Health covering all unforeseen medical expenses within the next 4 years
Leave a request on our website should you require additional information. Our manager will contact you within a few hours to select the optimal medical, diagnostic or rehabilitation program for you.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova
Many treatments program are already bookable on bookinghealth.com
Booking Health is an international online platform, which specialises in booking medical services. Modern technical innovations have allowed Booking Health to elevate the quality of medical tourism to a high level. The portal offers its services in three leading areas: diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation. All these three areas include list of medical programs allowing patients to choose the most preferable option and duration of their treatment. Germany, Switzerland, and Austria are leading countries, where patients can book the most advanced and professional medical program. Patients also have the opportunity to compare various programs and recommendations. Finally, you have your own choice of booking online the appropriate health or medical program.