2. Cologne-Merheim Academic Hospital
3. University Hospital Heidelberg
Lung cancer is a severe oncologic pathology with a generally unfavorable prognosis. 80% of patients die within a year after the diagnosis has been established. However, a person has a chance to considerably prolong his life expectancy on condition of the early detection and with the help of adequate treatment.
Here are some of the TOP-5 best hospitals for the lung cancer treatment in Germany according to FOCUS magazine.
Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery
Charite University Hospital Berlin is the largest University Medical Centre in Europe. More than half of all German Nobel laureates in medicine and physiology came from this place. Charité Healthcare Centre has more than 100 clinics, providing all possible options for lung cancer treatment in Germany.
Operations of the highest complexity are performed in the Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular surgery. The reputation of doctors working here extends far beyond Germany. The department successfully operates patients with malignant neoplasms of the lung, including metastatic cancer.
Cologne-Merheim Academic Hospital
Department of Thoracic surgery, Pulmonology, Oncology, Sleep and Respiratory Medicine
Cologne-Merheim Academic Hospital provides a wide range of medical services. Neurosurgery, pulmonology, transplantology, minimally invasive surgeries are among the priority areas of practice. The treatment is carried out at all its stages, starting from emergency care and ending with rehabilitation of the patient after a previous illness or surgical operation.
Lung cancer is treated in the Department of Thoracic surgery, Pulmonology, Oncology, Sleep and Respiratory medicine. Highly qualified thoracic surgeons practice here. The Center for Lung Cancer was certified by the German Cancer Society. The Department performs complex operations with the preservation of lung parenchyma (cuff resection). Severe respiratory failure requires ECMO-therapy. The Centre for patient’s self-breathing in Cologne-Merheim clinic is considered one of the best in Germany.
University Hospital Heidelberg
Department of Thoracic Surgery
University Hospital Heidelberg has a good reputation not only regarding treatment in Germany, but also far beyond its borders. Here new methods of various disease treatments are constantly developed and introduced into medical practice. Two priority areas of the clinic's are oncology and cardiovascular pathology.
In 2009, the Department of Thoracic Surgery at the University Hospital of Heidelberg received the certificate as a Center for the Treatment of Lung Cancer. It consists of several divisions. Oncology of thoracic tumors, pulmonology and ventilation, thoracic surgery are among the priority areas. Every year more than 800 patients with lung cancer are treated here.
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Department of Endocrinology, Rheumatology and Nephrology
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich is Germany's largest multidisciplinary medical institution founded more than 200 years ago. It does not lose its leading position, since it has the strongest and latest advances in medical care. This is ranked second among the best clinics in Germany according to FOCUS magazine in 2017.
The treatment of lung cancer is carriedout in the Department of Endocrinology, Rheumatology and Nephrology. It has more than a 100 years of history. This is a modern, well-equipped department where experienced surgeons are working under the guidance of Professor Martin D. Reinke, MD. Effective treatment of pain caused by lung cancer or other diseases is also provided.
Academic Hospital Bogenhausen Munich
Department of Pneumology and Pneumological Oncology
Academic Hospital Bogenhausen Munich includes 16 departments. The latest treatment techniques of various diseases are used here, including neuroradiology, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology. Diseases of the lungs and respiratory tracts are among the priorities of the Medical Centre.
The Department of Pneumology and Pneumological Oncology deals with the treatment of various diseases of the bronchopulmonary system. Oncological pathologies of the lungs and pleura are successfully diagnosed and treated here. Specialists apply all the most effective therapeutic techniques: surgery to remove the tumor, radiation and chemotherapy.
Arrangement of treatment in Germany
If you would like to undergo lung cancer treatment in Germany, in one of these five hospitals, use the company Booking Health to arrange a therapeutic process.
It is not every patient who can go to this country on his own, because you need to:
- Contact the clinic administration and wait for a response from them
- Receive an invitation from the Head Physician and apply for a visa
- Agree on the time of admission, the conditions of stay in the clinic of the patient and accompanying person, solve all household issues
- Get to Germany, and to the clinic
- Find an interpreter at home to translate medical paperwork into German and communicate with the clinic administration by phone
- Find an interpreter in Germany for actual communication with the administration and medical staff of the clinic
- To agree with the administration of the clinic regarding the treatment program and its cost
- Arrange insurance for foreign patients, the price of which can be up to 50% of the treatment total cost
All this entails great expenses: time-related and material. And if you can still accept loss of money, the time left when suffering with lung cancer is a very valuable resource which the patient's life largely depends on.
Therefore, it is better to let the specialists at Booking Health arrange your treatment. This will allow you to:
- Completely focus on treatment
- Receive healthcare services faster which means several days but not several weeks or months
- Save up to 70% of treatment cost
- Receive full service package including oral and written translation, help in obtaining a visa, transfer from the airport to the hospital and then back to the airport upon the completion of the treatment
- To insure yourself against unforeseen medical expenses for up to 200 Thousand Euros (in case of complications, the cost of the curative program will not increase)
- Get medical advice for 3 months after treatment without additional payment
If necessary, we can arrange an urgent appointment at the best German hospitals for the treatment of lung cancer. Leave a request on the web site, and a specialist at BookingHealth will contact you within 24 hours.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova
You might also be interested in:
Many treatments program are already bookable on bookinghealth.com