Prof. Dr. med. Jakob R. IzbickiCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
CLINICAL AND SCIENTIFIC BACKGROUND
- 1998- present Chairman Dept. of General, Visceral and Thoracic Surgery, University of Hamburg
- 1994- present Professor of Surgery, Dept. of General, Visceral and Thoracic Surgery, University of Hamburg
- 1992-1998 Senior Attending Physician and Deputy Director, Dept. of General Surgery, University of Hamburg (Prof. Dr. Dr.h.c. Ch.E. Broelsch)
- 1991-1992 Deputy Director of the project group Gastrointestinal Tumors of the Cancer Center Munich
- 1991 Associate Professor of Surgery, Dept.of Surgery, Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich Klinikum Innenstadt (Prof.Dr.L.Schweiberer).
- 1991 - 1992 Attending Surgeon Gastrointestinal and Thoracic Surgery and Surgical Oncology. Dept.of Surgery, Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich Klinikum Innenstadt (Prof.Dr.L.Schweiberer).
- 1990 Habilitation (Ph.D. Degree) Dr.med.habil.
- 1990 Venia Legendi in Surgery and appointment as Privat-Dozent (Assistant Professor of Surgery).
- 1989 - 1990 Instructor in Surgery (Surgical Gastroenterology, Surgical Oncology and Thoracic Surgery) Dept. of Surgery, Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich Klinikum Innenstadt
- 1987 Board certification as surgeon by the Bavarian Chamber of Physicians
- 1986 - 1989 Senior Resident and Postdoctoral Fellow Dept. of Surgery, Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich, Klinikum Innenstadt (Prof.Dr.L.Schweiberer).
- 1982 - 1986 Resident and Postdoctoral Fellow in Surgical Gastroenterology II. Dept. of Surgery, University of Cologne (Prof.Dr.H.Troidl).
- 13.05.1982 Doctorial thesis, Bonn University with honours.
- 1981 - 1982 Resident, Dept. of Abdominal and Transplantation Surgery (Prof.Dr.R.Pichlmayr) and Dept. of Pediatric Surgery (Prof. Dr.H.Mildenberger) University Hospital Hannover, Germany
- 20.10.1980 Graduation from medical school with honours
- 1979-1980 Special student, subintern and predoctoral fellow with grant of The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine at the Dept. of Pathology (Prof.Dr.J.H.Yardley) and Dept. of Surgery (Prof.Dr.R.R.Baker) of The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- 1976-1979 Medical School at Bonn University
- 1975-1976 Medical School at Cologne University
- 1975 Medical School at Bonn University
- 1976 Studies of chemistry and geophysics at Cologne University, Germany
- 6.6.1974 High-school-diploma