Prof. Dr. Karl Jürgen OldhaferCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- 1978 - 1984 Education at the University of Göttingen, the University of Illinois, USA.
- 1984 State examination (III), University of Göttingen.
- 1985 Defense of doctoral thesis at the University of Göttingen.
- 1984 Approbation.
- 1984 - 1985 Experimental pathology (Head: Prof., Dr. U. Mohr), Hannover Medical School.
- 1985 - 1986 Laboratory for Transplantation Immunology (Director: Prof., Dr. K. Wonigeit), Hannover Medical School.
- 1986 - 1992 Internship, Department of Surgery (Prof. Dr. Pichlmayr, Prof. Dr. Borst, Prof. Dr. Tscherne), Hannover Medical School.
- 1992 Appointment as a Surgeon.
- 1993 Appointment of a Doctor of Emergency Medical Care.
- 1993 Venia Legendi, Hannover Medical School, Surgery, subject: "Ischemic and reperfusion lesions after liver transplantation."
- 1993 - 1998 Senior Physician of the Department of Abdominal and Transplant Surgery (Head: Prof. Dr. R. Pichlmayr), Hannover Medical School.
- Head of the Transplantation Program, Hannover Medical School.
- 1998 Advanced training, Abdominal Surgery.
- 1998 Visiting Professor.
- 1998 - 2002 Senior Physician of the Department of General, Abdominal and Transplant Surgery (Head: Prof., Dr. Broelsch).
- Head of the Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospital Essen.
- Since March 2002 Head of the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, Krankenhaus Celle Hospital, academic teaching hospital of the Hannover Medical School.
- Since February 2007 Head of the Department of General Surgery, St. Joseph-Stift Celle.
- Since July 2007 Chief Physician of the Krankenhaus Celle Hospital.
- Head of the Department of general, Abdominal and Surgical Oncology, Asklepios Barmbek Hospital.
Awards and Prizes
- 1995 Prize for the best study on transplantation. "Auxiliary orthotopic liver transplantation. A new therapeutic option for acute liver failure", European Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association, Athen.
- 1997 Award for the Best report (together with L. Moreno) "Hyperthermic isolated liver perfusion (HILP) with tumor necrosis factor", an experimental study, European Congress of the International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association.
- 1999 Award (together with T. Schindewolf and others), "Preoperative virtual planning of liver surgery using three dimensional liver models." Tumor biology, diagnostics, therapy. Congress on Surgery of Liver Tumors, Munich, Grosshadern Hospital.
- Award (together with D. Selle and others), "Image processing system for preoperative liver surgery", German Society of Radiology, Wiesbaden.
- 2004 Award (together with C. Franke, H. Barenthin): "Twofold rupture of the liver and spleen after minor trauma in the treatment with Marcumar 174". Conference of the Association of Surgeons of North-West Germany.