Treatment of autoimmune diseases in Germany
Autoimmune diseases are a group of pathologies triggered by the disordered function of the immune system. The patient’s immunity attacks the cells of the body, which leads to inflammation and the gradual destruction of tissues. Some autoimmune pathologies affect only one organ (for example, autoimmune thyroiditis), and affect the entire body (systemic connective tissue diseases).
- Features of autoimmune diseases treatment
- Benefits of treatment in Germany
- Where is it better to treat autoimmune diseases?
- How to choose a hospital?
Features of autoimmune diseases treatment
Immunology is one of the most complex branches of medicine. Unfortunately, in the majority of cases, the causes of autoimmune diseases cannot be eliminated. These are chronic pathologies and a person has to fight them throughout their life. Etiotropic therapy is possible only with autoimmune diseases, provoked by bacteria or viruses. Therefore, the basis of treatment is pathogenetic therapy. It does not eliminate the cause of the disease, but it affects the basic pathogenetic mechanisms of its formation. Qualitative treatment can reduce the damage to organs and tissues, slow the progression of the disease, and delay or prevent complications.
The main directions of therapy are:
- Inhibition of the immune response
- Protection of the body from damage caused by its antibodies
- Purification of blood from circulating antibodies in it
- Restoration of the structure, maintenance, or compensation of the function of damaged organs
Autoimmune diseases often occur with periods of exacerbations and remissions (attenuation of clinical manifestations). Therefore, the goal of therapy is to achieve remission, reducing the number and duration of acute periods.
Benefits of treatment in Germany
The treatment of autoimmune diseases in Germany has severalf advantages for the patient. In this country with well-developed healthcare, therapy in most cases is more effective for the following reasons:
- Newest methods of treatment avaliable. The newest drugs are used along with the latest technology in the therapy of autoimmune pathologies in Germany.
- Availability of highly accurate diagnostic procedures. Autoimmune diseases include more than 80 nosologies (individual diseases). They are treated differently. Careful diagnosis allows you to choose a more effective therapy.
- Skilled staff. German hospitals employ experienced doctors who excel in the diagnosis and therapy of autoimmune pathologies. Patients from all over the world come here for treatment.
- Patient’s safety. Most diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are painless, without irreversible negative health effects.
- Patient’s comfort. Treatment takes place in comfortable conditions. Wards are well equipped. Staying in wards for increased comfort is possible at the request of the patient. You may even request a room for the person accompanying you.
Where is it better to treat autoimmune diseases?
There are many hospitals in Germany where doctors have great experience in autoimmune diseases treatment. We have highlighted the following medical facilities among others:
- University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden. Specialists in the Department of Rheumatology treat chronic autoimmune diseases of the joints and spine, as well as systemic autoimmune diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic scleroderma, Horton's disease, and others.
- Marburg University Hospital. Specialists in the Department of Neurology help patients with rare autoimmune pathologies of the nervous system, i.e. vasculitis, autoimmune encephalitis, Wegener's disease, and others.
- University Hospital Mainz. Specialists in the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology treat autoimmune diseases of the liver and pancreas, such as autoimmune pancreatitis, autoimmune hepatitis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, and others.
How to choose a hospital?
In addition to the health facilities mentioned above, there are also many other health facilities in Germany, where you can take a course of treatment for autoimmune diseases. The hospital should be selected according to a number of criteria. First of all, you need to know your symptoms or the underlying disease, if a diagnosis has already been made. Also, it is necessary to take into account the prices, after all, in different medical centers different programs of diagnostics and therapy of autoimmune pathologies are used.
Booking Health will help you to make the right choice. Leave a request on our website and our service manager will contact you. This process will take no more than 24 hours. Then we will contact you and offer you the best suitable therapy program according to the price and quality, and arrange treatment in Germany.
Booking Health service is free of charge. Meanwhile, you get a number of benefits:
- Organizing your trip
- Providing an interpreter
- Obtaining health insurance to cover medical expenses for up to 200,000 Euros
- Save up to 70% of funds by optimizing the treatment and diagnostic program
- The possibility of using the advisory services of the doctor who treated you, within 3 months after completion of the course at no additional cost
Use our services to receive the best possible treatment for autoimmune diseases in Germany.
Choose treatment abroad, and you will get the best results for sure!
The article was edited by medical experts, board-certified doctors Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova and Alexandra Solovey. For the treatment of the conditions referred to in the article, you must consult a doctor; the information in the article is not intended for self-medication!