IVF is the most effective method for overcoming infertility today. The results of in vitro fertilization can differ in various clinics. The percentage of pregnancy can range from 15 to 60%. The risk of developing complications is also different. To get pregnant after IVF with 1-2 attempts and maintain health, you can go for treatment to South Korea.
How is IVF performed in South Korea?
Infertility treatment in Korea is preceded by a thorough medical examination of a patient. The doctors clarify the cause of impaired fertility, and eliminate it, if possible. Sometimes a woman can become pregnant without IVF, but with the use of drugs or after surgery.
If infertility treatment in Korea was ineffective, or if it initially seems pointless, the doctors resort to IVF. The in vitro fertilization is mostly performed for tubal-peritoneal infertility, endometriosis and male factor.
The program begins with superovulation stimulation using drugs. The scheme is selected individually and can be adjusted after the onset of treatment. When follicles grow in the ovaries, they are punctured under short-term intravenous anesthesia. The eggs are fertilized with the spouse's sperm, and then the embryos are grown in the laboratory for several days. On day 3-6, one or two embryos are transferred to the uterus. If successful, pregnancy occurs.
In South Korea, many additional reproductive technologies are used to increase the effectiveness of IVF. Here are some examples:
- ICSI is the procedure for the "manual" introduction of a sperm inside the egg;
- PICSI is the selection of the best sperm for implantation in an egg by its ability to interact with hyaluronic acid;
- testicular biopsy and puncture helps to get sperm for fertilization, even if they are not in the semen;
- preimplantation genetic diagnostics makes it possible to select the best embryo for transfer, with a high probability of having no genetic and chromosomal abnormalities;
- assisted hatching implies making small incisions on the surface of the egg using a laser or other method to facilitate the "hatching" of the embryo after its transfer to the uterus.
Assisted reproductive technologies increase the price of the artificial insemination procedure, but at the same time significantly increase the likelihood of pregnancy and its gestation before childbirth. Some technologies used can reduce the risk of complications of the gestational period and congenital malformations in the fetus.
When performing IVF, the condition of the woman is constantly monitored. She periodically undergoes ultrasound scanning, blood testing to determine the hormone levels. Thanks to this approach, the doctors are able to choose the ideal date for embryo transfer, if necessary, adjust the dose of drugs and reduce the risk of complications to zero.
Benefits of IVF in South Korea
The reproductive clinics in South Korea are considered one of the best in the world. Here are some reasons for this:
- The leading centers achieve a high pregnancy rate – up to 50-60% per embryo transfer for some categories of patients (global average reaches about 30%)
- The treatment is preceded by a thorough diagnostics and an individual selection of an IVF program
- The Embryology Laboratories have state-of-the-art equipment, use the best consumables
- The use of sparing stimulation programs, thanks to which the risk of developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome is reduced to almost zero
- In the vast majority of cases, Korean fertility doctors perform selective transfer of one embryo, so the risk of multiple pregnancy is minimal
Since South Korea is an economically prosperous state, the cost of vitro fertilization here may be higher than in your home country. However, as a result, the financial cost of treatment may be lower, since you will become pregnant faster. You do not have to make 5-6 attempts at in vitro fertilization. Most women under 38 years old become pregnant after the first or second embryo transfer.
IVF Clinics in Korea
There are dozens of good Reproductive Centers in South Korea that show high fertilization rates. Here are the names of some of them:
- Severance Hospital
- Ewha Woman's University Medical Center
- Asan Medical Center
- St. Mary's Hospital
- MizMedi Women's Hospital
- Gachon University Gil Medical Center
To undergo vitro fertilization abroad, you can use the services of Booking Health. We will find the right clinic for you and arrange a trip. The treatment will be cheaper due to the lack of extra charges for foreign patients.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Vadim Zhiliuk