Prof. Dr. med. Andreas GrossCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
Prof. Andreas Gross studied medicine, history and political sciences at the Universities of Freiburg, Lakeland (Florida), Munich, Lübeck, and Wellington (New Zealand). He graduated from Medical University Lübeck (Germany) in 1987 and finished his doctoral thesis in 1988. His medical career started in the Department of Physiology at the University Hospital Lübeck, where he also spent a year in the Department of Surgery. His training in urology was conducted at the University Hospitals of Berlin and Hamburg. After his board certification, Dr. Gross became a consulting urologist at the University Hospital Göttingen. Here, he finished his professorial thesis in 1997 and became a Professor of Urology in 2001. In 2000, he was elected to be the Head of Department at Marienkrankenhaus in Bergisch Gladbach, the Teaching Hospital of the University of Cologne. In 2005, professor headed the Department of Urology at the Academic Teaching Hospital Asklepios Barmbek in Hamburg, Germany.
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society for Shock Wave Lithotripsy.
- German Society of Urology, Chairman of the Working Group on Endourology.
- Society of Endourology (New York), Board Member, Member of the Finance Committee.
- Board Member of the European Association of Urology (ESUT).
- European Intrarenal Surgery Society.
- Corresponding Member of the American Society of Urology.
- North-German Society of Urology.
- North Rhine-Westphalia Association of Urology.
- North Rhine-Westphalia Society for the Promotion of Young Urologists.
- Société Internationale d'Urologie, Deputy National Delegate.
- Honorary member of the South African Society of Urology.
Scientific Awards and Prizes
- 1993 and 1999 Peter Bischoff Prize.
- 2007 Asklepios Award 2007.
- 2007 Best Video Presentation 2007, Lower Urinary Tract Disease.
- 2008 Honorary Member of the Society of Urology in New York.
- 2008 Nomination: Berthold Leibinger's Innovation Award.
- 2012 Honorary Member of the South African Urological Association.
- 2014 Best Endourology and Stones Paper at the WCE.
- 2014 Best Video Presentation: Thulium laser prostatectomy.
- 2016 Honorary Member of the Hungarian Society of Urology.
- 2016 Award of the European Society of Urology (EAU), Congress 2016, Munich.
- 2016 Prize of the Medical Scientific Foundation of the Asklepios Barmbek Hospital.
- 2016 Award of the German Society of Urology (Winfried-Vahlensieck-Preis).