Over the past decades, healthcare in the developed countries made major strides. Thanks to this progress, chronic joint diseases are successfully treated using advancements in medical science and the latest technologies. The Orthopedic Center in Munich East is considered one of the best hospitals in the world for the treatment of musculoskeletal system pathologies.
The Head of the Department of Orthopedics is Prof. Peter Dill, who is a leading specialist in this area of healthcare. Peter Dill is also an official physician of the German ice hockey team. Besides, he welcomes patients from all over the world.
Conservative Treatment of joint diseases
Department of Orthopedics uses highly-efficient conservative treatment methods of joint diseases under the supervision of M.D. Peter Dill. Methods are successfully used for arthritis or arthrosis, and certain traumatic joint injuries. Conservative treatment helps to reduce pain syndrome and to slow down the progression of the disease, delay or eliminate the need for surgical intervention.
Orthopedic Center Munich East applies the following treatment methods:
- Intra-articular injections of hyaluronic acid for arthrosis in order to eliminate or reduce pain syndrome for several months
- PRP therapy - introduction of his own platelet-enriched plasma into the patient's joint (due to the release of growth factors, platelets stimulate the regeneration of intra-articular structures)
- Shock-wave therapy - is used with the "tennis player's elbow", heel spurs, forearm calcification, inflammation of the Achilles tendon, long-lasting non-healing fractures of bones
Besides, Department of Orthopedics under the supervision of Prof. Peter Dill successfully uses the schemes of chronic joint diseases treatment with stem cells. Just over three hours a patient will be able to get rid of the inflammatory process and pain, or reduce the dosage of medications in the coming years.
Autologous stem cells are used in the process of treatment that are derived from the patient’s fat tissues. With the help of vacuum aspiration, the doctor takes a small amount of subcutaneous fat from the patient’s anterior abdominal wall. With the help of a special device, he extracts stem cells out of them and deposits them into the patient’s joint. Subsequently, the joint medium leads to the fact that these cells differentiate to chondrocytes and replace the dead parts of the cartilaginous tissue, thus restoring the articular cartilage.
Peter Dill and other doctors of the Department of Orthopedics focus on the modern minimally-invasive arthroscopic surgeries. Their particular feature is absence of the need for an open surgery with large cuts. All required manipulations are performed through two or three punctures. A lighted camera and manipulators are inserted through these openings.
Thanks to arthroscopy, a doctor can examine the entire joint cavity to remove fragments of damaged meniscuses, rinse the joint cavity, and remove cartilaginous growths.
In the Orthopedics Center Munich East knee, shoulder, ankle joints surgeries are performed. They have many advantages over open operations:
- Minimal risk of complications
- Absence of severe pain in the postoperative period
- Rapid recovery of the patient
- Good aesthetic effect (no extensive scars after surgery);
- Higher efficiency, because the doctor sees the entire joint cavity and some of its areas can be viewed under magnification
Cultivating and transplantation of cartilage
Until recently, the only effective way to treat arthrosis was the operation of arthroplasty. But in recent years, more and more effective new technologies for transplanting cartilage grown in the laboratory are implemented. They can eliminate defects in the cartilaginous surface. In many cases, such interventions become an alternative to prosthetics, allowing the patient to maintain his own joint and avoid complex surgery.
Treatment is carried out in two stages. During the first stage, the doctor, using arthroscopy, assesses the defects of the cartilaginous surface and extracts cartilaginous cells. Cells are cultivated in the laboratory for 1-2 months. Using a special 3D matrix, the cartilage is shaped to the desired shape. Then a repeated arthroscopic operation is performed, during which the grown cartilage is transplanted to the patient inside the joint.
If you would like to use services of Peter Dill who is one of the best doctors in the world as well as the latest achievements of the Western healthcare in orthopedics, you should consider going to the highly reputable Orthopedic Center Munich East to receive treatment. Booking Health company will help you to arrange the medical trip.
We offer the following benefits:
- You do not have to contact the administration of the clinic yourself or solve all organizational issues - we will do it instead for you
- You will be able to receive treatment at the clinic as early as possible
- You will save up to 70% of all costs, because we have a direct contract with the clinic, besides, you do not have to purchase additional insurance as a foreign patient
- You will receive the Booking Health insurance, which will cover all unexpected expenses for up to 4 years
- We will book flight tickets for you, help you with the visa application process, provide an interpreter to communicate with doctors at the clinic and translate medical records
- We will meet you at the airport in Munich and take you to the clinic by car
Thanks to the company Booking Health, you can fully concentrate on receiving your treatment, leaving us with all your other concerns associated with its organization.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova