Currently, it is recommended to limit visits to clinics on planned medical issues (for example, chronic diseases, aesthetic problems, preparation for surgical interventions). That is why, Booking Health offers patients the opportunity to receive treatment recommendations from the best European specialists, without leaving your home. We make health care easier and safer.
Preparing for a medical consultation
The first step to an online medical consultation with the necessary doctor is to fill in a form that will include your contact details and basic medical information. If you know which specialist or clinic you want to contact, you can send a direct request for medical consultation from the page of the doctor (clinic). The button "Online medical consultation" is active on the webpages of all clinics that provide this service (more than 250 leading clinics in Europe, Turkey and other countries).
If you are not sure which of the many specialists is best to contact, then a preliminary consultation with Booking Health will help you. Based on objective international statistics and personal success rates of clinical practice, the consultant will give advice on choosing the best specialist for your problem. If necessary, they will recommend a basic medical examination at home. For example, in case of hematologic problems, a fresh complete blood count will be useful. In case of joint pathology, an x-ray study or an MRI scan will be informative. The preliminary medical examination will make the consultation more effective.
How will a medical consultation proceed?
After choosing a doctor and preparing the necessary medical information, the Booking Health specialists will select the time convenient for you and the clinic. As a rule, the world-renowned specialists can devote to online medical counseling not more than 3-4 hours a week.
Thanks to direct contracts with the clinics, the patients of the Booking Health company have a priority among others and get an appointment for a medical consultation first of all, without a long wait.
The online medical consultation is the same as in-person: the doctor listens to complaints, studies the results of diagnostic tests, makes an examination, asks additional questions. It is worth writing down in advance the names and dosages of the medications you are taking, information about previous illnesses, allergic reactions, etc. All this information will make it easier for you to answer the doctor’s questions.
In most cases, communication takes place via Skype or another program with the option of video communication (this depends on the equipment of a particular clinic). The medical consultation is held in a comfortable environment for you, confidentially.
It is important that the E-doc medical document management system provides reliable protection of personal data during their transfer between countries. In accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union, the system transmits information to the attending physician in encrypted form, after obtaining the consent of the patient.
When can the online medical consultation be helpful?
The online medical consultation can effectively solve a number of issues and improve the quality of medical care. The main tasks of this type of consultation include:
- Second opinion for complex or controversial diagnostic cases. In a number of clinical situations, an accurate diagnosis can be established only by a highly specialized expert who has experience with a rare pathology (for example, genetic syndromes, lysosomal storage diseases, myopathies, etc.). Also, the second opinion is of great value when choosing a treatment regimen, for example, a course of chemotherapy, a combined treatment of autoimmune diseases, etc.
- Independent or expert evaluation of MRI, CT scans, angiograms and functional studies with detailed recommendations on the need for treatment and its optimal method. The E-doc system allows the doctor to evaluate studies to the nearest tenth of a millimeter. This is especially important when planning stereotactic interventions on the brain, stenting of coronary and cerebral vessels, minimally invasive catheter interventions on the heart valves, etc. If the patient’s condition allows delaying invasive treatment, the doctor recommends pathogenetic treatment and the timing of follow-up examinations in dynamics.
- Independent evaluation of indications for surgery. European experts prefer conservative or minimally invasive therapeutic methods. Due to the effectiveness of conservative treatment, the list of indications for surgical interventions in European countries is relatively small. In some cases, the online medical consultation makes it possible to replace the operation recommended at home with a more sparing and cost-effective conservative treatment.
- Online outpatient support for patients with chronic pathologies. Of course, it is more optimal to prescribe starting therapy for chronic diseases within a medical facility. As for the correction of the treatment regimen according to the results of follow-up tests, it can be done remotely. The electronic medical history clearly represents the dynamics of laboratory parameters and past changes in the dosages of medicines. The online outpatient support can be provided to patients with diabetes mellitus and hypothyroidism, inflammatory bowel disease, obstructive pulmonary disease, autoimmune pathologies, and other conditions.
- Prescription of drug treatment, prescription of innovative medicines and assistance in their buying. The online medical consultation of European specialists gives patients a chance to start treatment with innovative drugs that did not have time to go through the registration procedure in their home country. Based on the results of the medical consultation, the doctor will make an electronic prescription, while the Booking Health employees will assist in buying and forwarding medicines.
- Online presence of world experts during operations as consultants. The operating rooms equipped with high-resolution optical systems allow attracting world-renowned doctors to surgical interventions as well. The operating field, indicators of life support systems and imaging systems (CT, MRI) are displayed in great detail on a specialist’s monitor. This allows for monitoring the progress of the operation and give recommendations to surgeons.
In those clinical situations where the online communication is not able to completely solve the problem, the doctor gives detailed recommendations for maintenance or symptomatic therapy, determines the optimal further therapeutic tactics.
Leading European specialists
The maximum number of online medical consultations is provided by the world famous doctors or medical teams of the specialized clinics. Both doctors and clinics dedicated to the treatment of a specific pathology regularly demonstrate high rates of success in the diagnostics and treatment. In particular, these are:
Adult and pediatric neurosurgery
Charite University Hospital Berlin
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Adult and pediatric orthopedics
Charite University Hospital Berlin
And many others. You can contact any of the specialists represented on the Booking Health portal online.
Additional benefits of the online medical consultation
The opportunity to receive detailed recommendations from a doctor without visiting the clinic makes medical care more accessible and comfortable, while personal communication with a world famous specialist without going abroad significantly increases the effectiveness of treatment. The online medical consultation on the Booking Health international portal offers:
- Speed. You will receive a medical consultation a few weeks faster than arriving at a regular outpatient appointment at a high-level clinic.
- Caring attitude of the doctor to the patient. You will receive medical care from 2 doctors. These will be a consultant physician from the Booking Health company who helps to choose a foreign specialist and prepare medical documents, as well as a foreign specialist who carefully studies the prepared medical documents before communicating with you.
- Lack of financial costs and time spent on flights abroad. In addition to saving on accommodation, meals and transfer, this becomes a significant benefit in case of a limited budget.
- Lack of epidemiological risk associated with visiting a medical facility. Certainly, the clinics strictly observe the anti-epidemic regime, but it is optimal to exclude even a minimal chance of contact with virus.
- Secure online payment for the medical consultations. You do not need to bring a large amount of money to another country or pay fees for converting foreign currency abroad.
- Convenient format for recommendations. You will receive all recommendations in electronic form, while our translators will translate them into a language convenient for you. If necessary, the specialized consultant physicians of the Booking Health company will explain recommendations and answer your additional questions.
- Medical interpreter accompanying during the communication with the doctor. If you speak different languages with your doctor, a medical interpreter will join the consultation.
Booking Health takes care of patients, so it always stays in touch after completing the online medical consultation. If necessary, we can arrange the second medical consultation based on the results of follow-up tests or monitoring in dynamics, while all medical documentation will be stored in a secure electronic medical history. A multidisciplinary team of specialists (for example, gynecologist and urologist, pediatrician and neurologist) can be involved in the medical consultation.
The online medical consultation will also become an excellent preparation for arrival for interventional treatment or rehabilitation. You will be able to personally discuss in advance with the doctor the benefits and risks of specific techniques, which will help make the best and informed choice. European experts attach great importance to personal contact with the patient, while Booking Health helps organize this contact to patients from 75 countries.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova