Prof. Dr. med. Axel HeidenreichCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
Education and professional career
- 1983 - 1990 Study of Human Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, University of the Health Sciences, San Antonio, Texas.
- 1990 - 1992 Central Hospital of German Armed Forces in Koblenz, Department of Urology.
- 1992 Doctoral thesis "Etiology and pathogenesis of urolithiasis in rats with portocaval anastomosis", summa cum laude.
- 07/1992 - 05/1993 Assistant Physician, Department of Urology, University Hospital Tübingen.
- 06/1993 - 05/1994 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, District Hospital Hechingen, Surgeon. Compulsory one-year practice.
- 06/1994 - 07/1995 Assistant Physician, Department of Urology, University Hospital Cologne.
- 08/1995 - 10/1996 Research Fellowship, Urological Oncology, Walter Reed's Army Medical Center and Armed Forces Institute Of Pathology, Washington, USA (DFG He 2618 / 1-1).
- 1996 Urologist, Head of the Department of Urology, University Hospital Cologne.
- 1997 Chief Physician of the Department of Urology, University Hospital Cologne.
- 1998 Habilitation and Venia legendi for urology.
- 1999 - 2003 Head of the Department of Urology, University Hospital Marburg.
- 2004 Visiting Professor.
- 2004 - 2008 Head of the Section of Urological Oncology at the Department of Urology, University Hospital Cologne.
- 2008 Director of the Department of Urology of the University Hospital Aachen.
- Radical tumor surgery of the prostate, urinary bladder and kidney.
- Medicinal Uro-oncology.
- Radical surgery for advanced urological tumors (prostate, bladder, testes, kidneys).
- Reconstructive urologic surgery (ureter, urethra).
- Molecular prognostic factors of urologic tumors.
- Resistance mechanisms of urological tumors to radiation and chemotherapy.
- Molecular-triggered therapy of urologic tumors.
- Surgical techniques of locally advanced tumors of the urogenital tract.