Due to the difficulties associated with the organization of treatment in Turkey, Switzerland, South Korea and India, we are not currently processing requests to these regions.
If you are interested in treatment in Germany, please leave a request and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
Oncological diseases in women, especially malignant conditions include breast cancer and cancer of the genitals (cervical, endometrial, ovarian cancer). Together they take the first place among the causes of death in women of working age.
- Cervical cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Breast cancer
- Benefits of treatment of gynecologic cancers in Germany
- Arrangement of treatment in Germany
Human papillomavirus infection might cause cervical cancer. It causes malignancy (malignant degeneration) of the cells of its mucous membrane.Thisconditionmostcommonlydevelopsinwomenbetween 35 and 55 years old.
Cervical cancer requires surgical treatment. The surgical procedures that can be used for the treatment of cervical cancer include cervical conization or extirpation of the uterus. The choice of surgery depends on the stage and prevalence of the oncological process. The surgery should be complemented with chemotherapy, which can be performed either before or after it. Also, to prevent recurrence doctors can prescribe a course of radiation therapy.
Endometrial cancer is the most common type of genital cancers. The condition mostly affects elderly women. In 70% of casesa woman develops an estrogen-dependent tumor. Endometrial cancer often develops due to obesity and metabolic disorders.
Surgery is the main treatment for endometrial cancer. Surgeon can perform hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) orextended hysterectomy with the removal of ovaries, fallopian tubes, lymph nodes and omentum.
In estrogen-dependent tumors the treatment should be complemented with hormonal drugs. Chemotherapy can also be administered. To prevent recurrence of the oncological process, surgery is followed by a local radiation of the metastatic areas.
Ovarian cancer can be rarely detected in the early stages and therefore it is dangerous. It mostly develops at the age of over 50. The main risk factors include dyshormonal processes, no childbirth, irregular sexual life.
This type of cancer requires surgical treatment. The stage of cancer determines the extent of the intervention. Sometimes the doctor removes only ovaries and a fallopian tube, while in other cases it is necessary to resect uterus with its appendages, lymph nodes, lesser omentum, some sections ofthe sigmoid colon and even loops of the small bowel.
Breast cancer remains the most common oncological disease in women. The main treatment is surgical procedure. The mammary gland can be removed either completely or partially. Radical mastectomy also aims to remove the pectoralis minor, adipose tissue, lymph nodes and sometimes the pectoralis major.
The surgical intervention should be complemented with radiation therapy. It can be carried out before, after or during the surgery. In the inoperable types of cancer radiation can be used as an independent treatment. After the surgery patients should also take special drugs, which help to reduce the risk of cancer recurrence.
Benefits of treatment of gynecologic cancers in Germany
Compared to most other countries in the world, Germany provides more successful treatment of cancers.
Here are some of the main benefits you will get, if you undergo treatment in this country:
- High-precision diagnostics. Some cancers are asymptomatic and therefore they are difficult to diagnose. These primarily include ovarian cancer. The clinical signs of this condition often manifest themselves only at stage III. Germany uses state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, which contributes to the successful imaging of even small tumors. German doctors can diagnose cancer at the early stage and, consequently, it is much easier to treat.
- Targeted therapy. To treat some types of female genital and breast cancers, Germany uses drugs that suppress tumor growth and reduce its size but have a minimal effect on healthy tissues. For example, doctors use PARP-1 inhibitors, angiogenesis inhibitors. In addition, here immunotherapy is successfully applied, whichis aimed at stimulating the patient’s own immunity system to fight the cancer.
- Oncoplastic surgery. When performing total or partial mastectomy, the doctor can combine the procedure with either reconstructive or plastic surgery. The surgeon can either reduce the second mammary gland to have the same size or replace the removed one with an implant. This allows a woman to lead a normal life and avoid psychological issues after the successful treatment of breast cancer.
- Minimally invasive surgery. If detected at stage I, some types of oncological diseases in women can be treated without the full-scale surgical intervention involving the removal of many tissues. For example, for vulvar cancer Germany uses a therapeutic approach, which instead of vulvectomy applies laser ablation, photodynamic therapy or combines these two methods to treat early-stage cancer. With early detection, ovarian cancer can be treated by means of laparoscopic surgery.
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy. Effective methods of preventing cancer recurrence are applied in Germany. The surgery is followed by a procedure, in the course of which the abdominal cavity is rinsed with a heated chemotherapy solution. Themedicineskillany cancer cells that may remain. This method is most commonly used to treat ovarian cancer.
- High quality radiation therapy. Latest methods of radiation therapy are used in Germany. With these methods, doctors can increase the dose of radiation targeting tumor while minimally affecting healthy tissues. Here one can also undergo brachytherapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy.
The statistics reflects the success of German doctors in the fighting gynecologic cancers. Germany shows much higher five-year survival rate as compared with the developed countries.
Arrangement of treatment in Germany
Many women want to go to Germany to treat cancer but do not know how to do it. We offer services on the arrangement of medical treatment abroad. Booking Health is a leader in medical tourism.
We will help you to:
- Arrange your trip to receive treatment
- Make arrangements with the hospital administration to reduce the waiting time for a doctor’s appointment
- Translate medical documentation into German
- Obtain documents for medical treatment abroad
- Book a hotel and airline tickets
Upon arrival in Germany, we will meet you at the airport and take you to the hospital. You will be insured against unforeseen medical costs for up to 200, 000 euros. Thanks to the services of BookingHealth, you can save up to 70% of the total costs on arrangement of the treatment in Germany.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!