Many pediatric diseases are characterized by severe complications and require highly qualified and high-tech medical care. Faced with the problem, parents spare no time, money and efforts for their child. Therefore, to treat pediatric diseases it comes as no surprise when German hospitals are found to be at the top of the search list for many concerned parents.
Benefits of treating children in Germany
For a child treatment can often be a more difficult process than for an adult. Many additional factors need to take into account. The good news is that German child care hospitals do not look like ordinary clinics. They are designed in such a way that the child feels safe, comfortable as if at home or in kindergarten.
Only a certain amount of the time is spent on diagnostic, therapeutic or rehabilitation procedures, while the rest of the time the child is either playing or relaxing. The child is kept in high spirits and the treatment procedures are well received.
The main benefits of treating children in Germany are:
- Comfortable conditions in the hospital for a child and their parents
- Highly qualified German pediatricians and other specialists who enjoy well-deserved respect all over the world
- Highly effective diagnostics, which can determine an exact cause, prevalence and severity of the pathological process in order to plan an optimal therapeutic tactics
- The latest treatment methods, including surgical ones, which ensures high efficiency and safety
- The availability of highly specialized medical centers makes it possible to treat rare diseases that most pediatricians have not even heard of
In Germany, doctors give special attention not only of the effectiveness of treatment, but also to its tolerability. A child should not suffer from a lifelong psychological trauma because of unbearable pain or side effects of medications. Therefore, German pediatricians use the right doses and good quality anesthesia, the most reliable treatments, whereas all side effects are eliminated by prescribing additional drugs.
Main medical focuses
All branches of pediatric medicine in German are well developed as compared to third world countries and even some other first world countries. The large clinics have highly specialized departments or sections, which deal with certain groups of pediatric diseases.
Here are some of the main focuses that are most in demand in Germany:
- Neonatal surgery – correction of congenital malformations
- Cardiac surgery - treatment of congenital heart defects, including those that are considered inoperable in other countries
- Pediatric oncology and oncohematology - treatment of cancer in children
- Pediatric orthopedics - correction of skeletal defects, including the treatment of scoliosis
- Pediatric urology - surgical correction of congenital defects of the genitourinary system
- Care and treatment of premature infants
- Pediatric neurology, including the treatment of epilepsy, infantile cerebral palsy and other serious conditions
What clinics can offer such medical services?
Most of the larger German medical facilities are involved in the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric diseases.
Here are some of them:
- Children’s Academic Hospital “Amsterdamer”, Cologne. Here one can find the Departments of Pediatric Surgery and Urology, as well as the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. The first department specializes in surgery, while the second one provides conservative treatment to children suffering from internal diseases.
- University Hospital Bonn. This is an ideal place for the treatment of severe diseases found in children. There are many pediatric departments: the Departments of Pediatrics, Pediatric Urology, Surgery, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Cardiology, Epileptology. The University Hospital Bonn treats cancer, heart defects, epilepsy, blood diseases, congenital malformations of the urinary tract and many other diseases.
- Rehabilitation Clinic Bavaria Zscheckwitz. It offers rehabilitation for children with consequences of birth traumas, infantile cerebral palsy, epilepsy, scoliosis, inflammatory bone pathologies. The main focuses of the clinic include neurology and orthopedics. Children under the age of 8 can stay in the ward together with their parents.
Arrangement of Treatment in Germany
Sometimes it can be impossible for the patients to arrange a trip to Germany for treatment on their own. It is not so easy to be admitted to German clinics as it may seem. One needs to settle all issues with the administration, collect and translate all necessary documents into German, obtain a visa, plan a trip.
Booking Health can take care of all these concerns. We will help:
- Select the clinic
- Settle all issues with its administration
- Reduce waiting time for a doctor’s appointment
- Agree on a joint stay in the ward wit the parents
- Apply for a visa
- Get insurance that will cover unforeseen medical expenses
- Transport to the clinic from the airport and back
- Save up to 70% of funds
Leave a request on the web site for our manager to select the most suitable clinic for your needs. We will then contact you within a few hours.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova