It is now possible to go to Germany for treatment!
We issue urgent medical visas to go to Germany!
Please contact us! We know everything about the available flights around the world!
Replacement arthroplasty is one of the most widespread surgeries in patients with pathology of the musculoskeletal system. During the procedure the person's own joint is removed, and an endoprosthesis is implanted instead. Surgical intervention of this kind is carried out when a large joint is completely destroyed or causes chronic pain. The result of the operation consists in the elimination of pain syndrome and restoration of a person's ability to work.
Indications for replacement arthroplasty
Hip or knee joints are replaced the most frequently. Although in developed countries, such as Germany, it is possible to replace almost all joints, including the ankle, shoulder, elbow joint and even small joints of the hands.
The most frequent indications for the operation are gonarthrosis or coxarthrosis (arthrosis of the knee or hip joint). These are degenerative pathologies. They are characterized by a slow but steady, destruction of the joint due to degradation of the joint cartilage. Over time, the pain becomes stronger, and the mobility of the joint deteriorates. Therefore, an artificial endoprosthesis is implanted.
Other possible indications are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Consequences of injuries
- Congenital malformations of the skeleton
- Consequences of infectious arthritis
- Bekhterev's disease
- Osteoporosis with a fracture of the femoral neck
Process of the surgery
A patient should get ready for the surgery thoroughly. First of all, he should normalize body mass, if there is excessive weight, and give up smoking as long as it slows the regeneration of tissues and will make post-operative recovery longer. Also it will be great to train arms and torso muscles. This will ease walking on crutches after the surgery.
A patient goes through the comprehensive examination before the surgery. If there are some uncompensated pathologies, a course of treatment is prescribed. Only then doctors proceed to performing the surgery.
Surgery is performed under general anesthesia. It takes from 1 to 2 hours. A cut is made in the joint area. Its length depends on the type of the joint, which will be replaced with endoprosthesis. In modern German hospitals skin cuts are twice or two and a half times smaller, which reduces risks of the surgery, speeds up the recovery and ensures better aesthetic effect.
Benefits of treatment in Germany
Joints endoprosthetics is performed in basically all countries of the world. However, many citizens of the developing countries aim to visit Germany and undergo this surgery in one of the best German hospitals. This is not surprising, considering numerous benefits of the replacement arthroplasty in Germany. Some of the key ones are listed below.
- Using only qualitative endoprostheses. Better the prosthesis is, the more physical abilities a person receives. German endoprostheses have the highest quality, so after the operation a patient is able to perform the same volume of movements that he had with his own joint before the disease. The patient gets the opportunity to go in for sports, including contact types. In addition, modern endoprostheses are made of reactogenic materials. Simply put, the body is not “outraged” by its presence and the prosthesis doesn`t provoke inflammatory reactions.
- Long service life of the endoprosthesis. A qualitative endoprosthesis is not going to wear out in 10 years. As a consequence, there will not be any need in the revision intervention and replacement of the endoprosthesis. The revision surgery is much more difficult than the first one. Therefore, it is better to immediately install such an endoprosthesis, which will serve for dozens of years, preferably lifelong. According to the statistics, after the replacement arthroplasty in Germany 90% of patients` endoprostheses preserve perfect condition in 20 years after the intervention. The majority of patients will not need to repeat operations in the future.
- Highly safe surgery. In Germany modern methods of surgical intervention are used. Due to them the length of the incision is reduced by several times and the volume of blood loss is much less. The size and type of the endoprosthesis is chosen individually for each patient. This allows to preserve the maximum amount of patient`s bone tissue. Modern methods of coagulation prevent bleeding. After surgery a person receives antibiotics to prevent infection of the wound. Therefore complications after endoprosthetics in Germany are rare.
- Good tolerability of surgery and smooth postoperative period. In Germany all painful procedures are performed under anesthesia. The joint replacement is performed under general anesthesia. After the operation the pain syndrome persists for several days. But German doctors stop it with the help of highly effective analgesics. After surgery a person receives quality care.
- Rehabilitation after the surgery. An important role in Germany is given to rehabilitation measures. They begin literally on the first day after the operation. Well-established postoperative recovery schemes allow a person to return to the previous lifestyle as quickly as possible.
To receive treatment in Germany at an affordable price, you should contact Booking Health for assistance. We will arrange a trip for you, choose the best hospital and help you to save your costs. We have direct contracts with all medical institutions, and some of them provide a discount if you book the treatment of arthrosis with the help of the company Booking Health. You will also receive an interpreter, insurance, assistance in the organization of treatment and preparing documents. Please, leave a request on our website to learn more about the possibility of joint replacement in Germany.
How can patients from other countries receive treatment in Germany?
To undergo treatment in the best German clinics at an affordable price, contact Booking Health for assistance. Booking Health is the international medical tourism operator that has over 10 years of experience in organizing treatment of patients with joint pathologies in foreign clinics (ISO 9001:2015 certificate).
We will organize a trip for you, choose the best hospital and help reduce the cost of treatment. Booking Health has direct contracts with leading healthcare institutions, and some of them offer a discount if you book arthrosis treatment through Booking Health. In any case, the company's financial specialists control the cost of medical services and exclude additional fees and coefficients for foreign patients.
Booking Health also provides you with an interpreter, insurance, assistance in arranging treatment and preparing necessary documents. Make the request on our website to learn more about the possibilities of joint replacement and orthopedic rehabilitation in Germany.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova