Founded over 200 years ago, the University Hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich is one the best healthcare facilities in Germany. It has all technical equipmentand capabilities of modern medicine.
Treatment in Munich
The University Hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich is located in Munich, the capital of Bavaria, and the third largest city in Germany. Munich is famous not only for its beer festivals, but also for well-developed medicine. There are several large hospitals with a high international ranking.
The city is reachable either by plane (there is an international airport) or by train. Munich has three railway stations. In the city itself, medical tourists can travel by public transport. Here one can find metro, buses, trolleybuses, trams and city trains.
Munich is a large industrial and research center. The city houses world-renowned institutes and universities. These also include the Ludwig-Maximilian University with one of the best medical clinics in Germany and in whole Europe.
Main medical focuses
The University Hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich can provide an effective treatment of the following diseases:
- Breast cancer. The Department of Obstetrics, Mammology and Gynecology has been functioning for more than 100 years and all this time has not been losing its leading positions in Germany and Europe.The department can treat breast cancer at any stage of the pathological process.
- Colon cancer. The Department of Gastroenterology deals with the surgical treatment of colon cancer. It uses the most advanced surgical interventions and therapeutic procedures. Much attention is given to the postoperative recovery of the patient.
- Cardiology. The Department of Cardiology specializes in the treatment of heart diseases. It offers therapy for any forms of arrhythmia, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy. Here, one can undergo pacemaker and defibrillator implantation. The department takes care of its patients both before and after cardiac surgery.
- Multiple sclerosis. The Department of Neurology specializes in the treatment of any neurological disorders, including multiple sclerosis. To treat this condition, doctors use modern conservative therapy, which can significantly reduce the number and duration of acute events of the pathological process.
- Prostate cancer. The Department of Urology is considered one of the best in the treatment of prostate cancer. It uses high-tech surgical procedures, including laparoscopic interventions and electrocoagulation at the initial cancer stages. In case of radical prostatectomy doctors perform nerve-sparing interventions.
Arrangement of treatment at the University Hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University
Patients who want to undergo treatment in Munich face number of difficulties associated with the arrangement of the trip. They need to contact the administration of the clinic, agree on the cost of the treatment program, issue a visa, get to Munich and find the clinic in the city. It is necessary to translate documents into German and the translation should be of high quality. Upon arrival to Germany, person should find an interpreter to communicate with the administration of the clinic.
Booking Health can take care of all these concerns. We will help to:
- Book treatment at an affordable price
- Shorten waiting time for the first doctor’s visit
- Apply for a visa
- Translate medical documents into German
- Get to Munich
- Get to the clinic from the airport
To ensure a comfortable communication with the staff of the clinic, we will provide you with an interpreter. You will receive the Booking Health insurance covering all unforeseen medical expenses.
If you use the services of our company, you can save up to 70% of the treatment costs and its arrangement. You will have an opportunity to receive doctor’s follow up consultation with in 3 months after treatment at no extra charge.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova