Endocrinology:Menstrual disorder. Diagnostic in Germany
According to statistics, over the past 15 years, the hormonal disorder in women have been detected 2 times more often. The physicians attribute this fact to an increase in psycho-emotional stress, reduced physical activity and deterioration of nutritional status of patients. An imbalance of hormones is at the source of a large number of gynecological diseases, and therefore requires timely diagnostics and treatment.
The clinical picture of disorders depends on the age and hormone, the production of which was infringed. At puberty, the signs of disease may include:
- obesity or underweight,
- underdevelopment of secondary sexual characteristics,
- the absence of menarche after 16,
- body hirsutism,
- mood swings.
In patients of childbearing age, the violations are manifested by:
- painful or irregular menstruation,
- inability to get pregnant for a long time,
- sharp increase or loss of weight,
- acne on the face and body,
- different vegetative disorders (insomnia, trembling fingers, high blood pressure, etc.).
During menopause, the pathology is manifested by hot flushes, dizziness, depression, frequent headaches and hypertension development.
When a patient has specific complaints, she is referred to a gynecologist-endocrinologist. An imbalance of hormones is confirmed by laboratory blood tests. During the analysis, the professional determines the concentration of:
- female sex hormones (estradiol, progesterone),
- male sex hormones (androgens)
- thyroid hormones (thyroxine and triiodothyronine)
- adrenal and pituitary hormones.
To determine the cause of the problem and assess the degree of violations, the following procedures can be assigned further:
- pelvic ultrasound,
- analyzes for urogenital infections,
- extended colposcopy,
- cytology smear from the cervix,
- basal temperature plotting.
In the presence of comorbidities, it is recommended to consult the relevant professionals (neurologist, cardiologist, and others).
The treatment method is selected depending on the cause of hormonal failure. All patients are indicated a reasonable organization of work and rest, switch to proper nutrition, and regular physical activity. To reduce the symptoms, the medical therapy and physiotherapy is selected. When required (e.g. in the case of benign tumors or cysts), the surgery is carried out.Hide
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: