Dr. med. Philipp-Andreas HesslerCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
Since 1998, Head of Gynecology and Obstetrics Department of the Sachsenhausen Hospital in Frankfurt am Main. Focus of activity in endoscopic gynecologic surgery and obstetrics. Frequency of operations per year: approximately 600 laparoscopic hysterectomies, 400 to 500 laparoscopic myomectomies, laparoscopic oncological surgery (Wertheim, corpus carcinoma), laparoscopic surgery on deep infiltrating endometriosis including bowel resection. In recent years, five to six lectures a year at major gynecological conferences on topics such as gynecological laparoscopic surgery, laparoscopic hysterectomy, complication management in laparoscopic gynecological surgery as well as quality assurance in gynecologic surgery. Participation in numerous events with live operations, supervision of internships at the hospital, participation in laparoscopic workshops.
- 2011 - 2010
- November 2011: Three-week stay as gynecological surgical supervisor and support in the Kibogora hospital in southern Rwanda.
- March 2011: Laparoscopic Workshop in Harare, Zimbabwe.
- November 2010: Laparoscopic Workshop in the Cape Verde Islands.
- 1992 - 1998 Position as Senior Physician at the Frankfurt-Höchst Municipal Clinics under Prof. Dr. Czygan. During this time, recognition of facultative further education in Special Surgical Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 1987 - 1992 Resident, later Specialist in the Gynecology-Obstetrics department of the Horst-Schmitt Clinics in Wiesbaden under Prof. Dr. Berle in the fields of gynecological surgery and obstetrics. In 1992, successfully completed examination as a Specialist for Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 1983 - 1987 3½ years as a medical aid worker in Sakbayémé Hospital of the Presbyterian Church of Cameroon (PCC) in Cameroon, including two years as a senior doctor. Overseas service with the Development Agency of the Protestant Church in Germany. Two years experience as a senior physician at the hospital (180 beds, 2,000 surgeries per year, including support given with operating activities to outstations).
- 1982 - 1983 Resident in Gynecology and Obstetrics department of the Northwest Hospital in Frankfurt under Prof. Dr. Karschnia.
- 1980 - 1982 Resident in General Surgery Department of the Hanau City Hospital, under Prof. Dr. Stiller, with service in the surgical outpatient clinic, the general surgical ward and the pediatric surgical unit.
- 1980 Completion of studies in medicine with certification at the Medical Faculty of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt.
- 1973 Begin of medical school at the Medical Faculty of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt. One academic term of leave with several journeys abroad, to India and North Africa among other destinations.
- 1968 Attended the Goethe-Gymnasium in Frankfurt am Main through to high school diploma (Abitur). Additional qualification: International English-speaking high school diploma (Abitur) in English after returning to Germany from Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1960 Eight years of public school (German language); also French-speaking school after family relocated to Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1954 Born in Bielefeld, North Rhine-Westphalia to Dr. Gisela and Hans Wolfgang Hessler, Director of the Protestant Association for Media Communication in Germany until his retirement in 1993.