It is now possible to go abroad for treatment!
We issue urgent medical visas to go abroad!
Please contact us! We know everything about the available flights around the world!
Today, one of the main goals for medical research is the development of effective methods for cancer treatment. The introduction of innovative approaches to cancer treatment are conducted at specialised clinics in the country with a high level of healthcare. Germany is considered to be one of the most developed countries in Europe, healthcare is provided at an exceptionally high level in comparison to other countries.
Innovative techniques of bone cancer treatment in Germany
German scientific centers, which are world renowned universities conduct researches on effectiveness of innovative bone cancer treatment techniques. Therapeutic approaches developed in other prosperous countries are implemented here as well. Therefore, Germany is one of the most sought-after states for medical tourists suffering from oncology.
German hospitals offer the following methods of bone cancer treatment as:
Radioembolization is a combination of blood vessels that feed the tumor occlusion, and the use of ionizing radiation. In contrast to standard radiotherapy, where the whole body is exposed to radiation, radioembolization to arteries carrying blood to the tumor results in micro particles that clog the lumen of the vessels and release radioactive isotopes. Their disintegration causes local irradiation of the tumor tissue in large doses, without much harm to the body as a whole. Micro particles are made of glass and polymers, and the radioisotope used for treatment is the isotope yttrium Y-90.
Chemoembolization isa method of treatment where the side effects of chemotherapy are minimized due to the local effect of the drug on the tumor. The general principle of treatment is similar to that of radioembolization. As a difference, embolus that closes the vessels feeding the tumor, releases chemotherapy drugs. The advantages are obvious: the ability to affect the tumor with large doses of drugs, less toxic effect on the body and the creation of conditions for oxygen deficiency and nutrients for neoplasm tissues.
IRE-resection is an innovative technology, also called the "nano-knife", which not only significantly reduces the risk of tumor growth recurrence, but also gently cuts the healthy tissues. This type of intervention helps to carry out the definition of the "tumor-healthy tissue" boundary at a cellular level. IRE-resection can be considered one of the most accurate ways to exercise new growth with invasive growth, which distinguishes all types of cancer.
Proton therapy is a whole system of targeted radiotherapy. Proton therapy impacts a tumor locally thanks to the precise stereotactic targeting. Besides, proton therapy is effective regardless of what part of the body the malformation is located in. The method helps to irradiate even the tumors in the hard-to-access places. The patient’s healthy tissues are basically not suffering as protons release the bigger part of its energy only after they reach the target.
Brachytherapy is one of the most effective and sparing ways to treat cancer, based on local radiotherapy. Small capsules with a radioactive substance (1.5-2 mm) are introduced into the affected area, which serves as a constant source of ionizing radiation. This treatment promises to achieve good results in some forms of bone cancer.
Immunotherapy assumes the introduction of anti-tumor monoclonal antibodies or cytokines, which are natural biologically active substances present in the body, and do not have a harmful effect on it. A tumor tissue biopsy is performed in each patient for the preparation of specific immunoglobulins. In some immunotherapy regimens, the collection of cells from donors is also performed, which is necessary for obtaining the vaccine. The drug is necessarily filtered before administration, and the separated immunoglobulins are introduced into the bloodstream of the patient, so that they begin to show antitumor activity.
The main advantages of treating bone cancer in Germany are:
- Availability of innovative therapies
- Qualitative surgical operations
- Gentle therapy, which has a low risk of complications
- Use of the most advanced treatment regimens and the use of new drugs
- Modern and safe methods of anesthesia
German hospitals dealing with bone cancer treatment
Many German hospitals successfully treat bone cancer by considerably increasing the life expectancy of the patients and improving one’s quality of life.
These are some of the healthcare institutions where foreign patients can refer to:
- Giessen University Hospital. Experienced doctors will conduct qualitative surgical treatment of bone cancer of any location in the Department of Orthopedics and Orthopedic surgery. If necessary, a one-stage joint replacement will be performed (for example, in case of tumor localization on the head of the femur).
- Marburg University Hospital. The Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology uses the most advanced operations for bone cancer. Here, chemotherapy is performed together with modern drugs, which block further growth of the tumor and reduce the risk of cancer recurrence after surgical treatment, if this is necessary.
- Charite University Hospital Berlin. Operations in the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology are aimed at removing the tumor. Modern reconstructive surgical interventions are also performed in order to restore the structure and function of various parts of the body affected by the tumor process.
The cost of osteosarcoma treatment depends on the patient's age and the extensiveness of surgical intervention:
- Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) diagnosis – from 691 €
- Partial resection for osteosarcoma (bone cancer) – from 7,300 €
- Resection of tumor and endoprostheses implantation for osteosarcoma (bone cancer) – from 16,395 €
Arrangement of treatment in Germany
If you want to use the services of the best specialists in Germany, you can contact the managers at Booking Health. We have been engaged in organizing treatment abroad for many years already.
Using our services will help you to:
- Select the best hospital for the treatment of bone cancer using innovative methods.
- Reduce the waiting time for the initial doctor’s admission and hospitalization, which is very important for the effectiveness of treatment, because cancer is a disease that is constantly progressing.
- Save up to 70% of total medical and organizational expenses.
- Obtain insurance that will cover the difference in case of increased cost of diagnosis and treatment (for example, with the development of complications).
- Get medical advice for 3 months after the end of the therapeutic course in Germany at no extra charge.
You will also receive a package of the following services: we provide an interpreter, help with visa processing, and provide a transfer from the airport to the hospital and back. If you are interested in the services of Booking Health, leave a request on the site and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova