Due to the difficulties associated with the organization of treatment in Turkey, Switzerland, South Korea and India, we are not currently processing requests to these regions.
If you are interested in treatment in Germany, please leave a request and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
General surgery is a branch of medicine which deals with the diagnostics and treatment of the diseases requiring surgery. Mainly, these are abdominal and thoracic cavity interventions, treatment of hernias, skin diseases, subcutaneous fat and other soft tissue pathologies.
General surgery is much better developed in Germany than in the most world countries.
- Benefits of surgery in Germany
- In what hospitals it is possible to have a surgery?
- Arrangement of surgical treatment in Germany
Benefits of surgery in Germany
Most of the wealthy people refer to the German hospitals if they need to undergo a surgery. Despite the fact, the doctors’ services are more expensive here than in the developing countries, they are of better quality. Treatment results are better here as well as the patients’ recovery.
The risk of complications and intraoperative mortality of patients is lower. That’s why, people who don’t want to risk their or their relatives’ life and health once again go for treatment to Germany.
Main benefits of general surgery in this country are:
Minimally invasive operations. When choosing tactics of surgical intervention, preference is given to minimally invasive treatment, if possible. Modern laparoscopic and endoscopic operations allow treating a surgical disease with minimal trauma to the tissues.
In laparoscopic operations, manipulations are performed through minimal incisions (punctures) in the skin. A camera and manipulators are inserted through the punctures which allow doctor to monitor his actions.
Similarly, endoscopic interventions are performed, only instruments are inserted through the natural openings of the body, for example:
- Through the mouth or nose - into the stomach and intestines
- Through the rectum - into different parts of the large intestine
- Through the vagina - into the uterus
- Through the urethra - into the bladder, etc
Benefits of such treatment are:
- Short period of rehabilitation
- Low risk of complications
- Less postoperative pain
- Good aesthetic effect (absence of large scarring)
High-precision diagnostics. The purpose of diagnostic procedures is not only to correctly establish the diagnosis. To define treatment strategy, it is also important to determine the features of the disease course, its severity and prevalence, considering the anatomical features of the patient's body.
High-tech imaging techniques: CT, MRI, PET and others are helpful here. The latest devices are used in Germany, which make it possible to obtain images in real time with high resolution. German hospitals practice the use of ultrasound, MRI or CT scan directly during a surgical operation, which significantly increases its effectiveness.
Qualified Doctors. Only well-qualified surgeons work here. Some of them have worked for decades in the best hospitals in the world and have a huge experience of conducting surgeries. The skills of surgeons are one of the main reasons why people from all corners of the world go to Germany to receive quality treatment.
The equipment of hospitals. Medical facilities in Germany are equipped with the latest technology. Here, cutting-edge equipment is used for surgeries as well as robot-assisted devices. The surgeries performed by the robot carry less risk for the patient due to the elimination of the human factor. The robot will never falter "hand" - all of its movements are as accurate and precise as possible.
In what hospitals it is possible to have a surgery?
Germany can boast with a large number of the hospitals where they can perform surgeries to treat hernia, appendicitis, pancreatitis, abscesses, boils and many other surgical diseases.
Among the best hospitals are:
- University Hospital of the Munich Ludwig Maximilian University. Operations of any complexity are carried out in the Department of General, Abdominal, Thoracic and Vascular surgery. Endoscopic and laparoscopic interventions are used here. The department is considered one of the best in Germany in the field of minimally invasive surgical treatment.
- Aachen University Hospital. The Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery focuses in conducting operations on the internal organs. Here, they have a surgery center for patients with obesity and excessive weight. Minimally invasive interventions are carried out. Hepatobiliary surgery (surgery on the liver and gallbladder) is well-developed here as well.
- Hamburg-Eppendorf University Hospital. The Department of General, Thoracic and Abdominal Surgery performs high quality surgical procedures to treat organs of the abdominal and thoracic cavities. Doctors have a broad experience in the surgical treatment of pancreatic and esophageal diseases. Preference is given to the use of minimally invasive methods of treatment.
Arrangement of surgical treatment in Germany
If you want to go to Germany for surgery, you should contact Booking Health. Our international treatment reservation platform will help you to find out the costs for diagnostic and treatment programs, and to choose the best of them at the best price.
Our specialists will help you to choose a hospital. In addition, by cooperating with us, you receive a number of advantages:
- Organizational services: arrangements with the administration of the hospital, reduction in waiting time for admission, assistance in processing documents
- Services: translation of medical documentation, provision of an interpreter, transfer from the airport to the hospital
- Insurance against unforeseen medical expenses for up to 200, 000 Euros, valid for 4 years
- Possibility of receiving free consultation of doctors within 3 months after the treatment completion
- Save up to 70% of the total cost of treatment and its arrangement
Leave an application on our website to get advice about the arrangement of treatment in Germany.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!