The University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden covers an entire spectrum of medicine. It is a maximum care hospital comprised of 21 highly specialized departments where one can receive quality treatment of all diseases.
Treatment in Dresden
Dresden is a German city located near the border of the Czech Republic and Germany. It is a major industrial area in Germany. The city was virtually destroyed during the Second World War, but now it is completely restored.
Dresden now offers many attractions. It is currently considered a city of art and culture. It is home to more than ten functioning higher educational institutions.
Dresden can be reached by almost any means of transport. There is also an airport here. To get to the city from the airport, one can use a suburban or local train. Dresden has a major railway hub and therefore it is easily reachable from other German cities by train. There is also a good road network and many buses go to Dresden. The city itself has a well-developed tram network.
Main Medical Focuses
The University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus provides effective treatment of the following diseases:
- Breast cancer. The Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics is part of the Cancer Center Dresden.It is one of several German expert-level Cancer Centers. The department is certified by the German Cancer Society. The department performs high-tech surgical procedures, including robotic surgery.
- Colon cancer. The Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology provides quality diagnostics and treatment of bowel malignancies. Both endoscopic and open interventions are performed here.
- Diabetes. The Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders specializes in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. Advanced diagnostic procedures are used, which serve to assess the degree of carbohydrate metabolic disorder and early detection of complications.
- Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease. The Department of Neurology uses innovative treatment methods for chronic neurological diseases making it one of the best in Germany. Doctors use the very latest drugs, medicinal pumps and deep brain stimulation.
- Orthopaedics. The Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery is the interregional Trauma Center. It also certified as a Maximum Care Endoprosthetics Center. Annually over 1,000 joint replacement surgeries are performed here.
- Prostate cancer. The Department of Urology specializes in the treatment of prostate diseases, including prostate cancer. Thanks to a well equipped hospital and experienced doctors, patients can undergo modern radical surgery to treat prostate malignancies. In addition, robotic engineering is used to make surgical interventions safer for the patient.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy. The Department of Hematology and Stem Cell Transplantation specializes in chemotherapy and radiation therapy for various malignant tumors, including those localized in the hematopoietic system. Immunotherapy and targeted therapy also offer a greater chance for a successful outcome.
Arrangement of Treatment at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus
If you want to undergo a course of therapy at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, you should seek advice from Booking Health.
We will arrange every step of your trip for your treatment, namely:
- Select the appropriate clinic corresponding to your diagnosis and symptoms
- Correspond with the administration about your treatment, help to reduce the waiting time for an appointment with the specialist
- Provide an interpreter in Germany and translation of medical documentation
- Provide transfer to the airport and back (upon treatment course completion)
- Insure you against unforeseen medical expenses for up to 200,000 euros
You can receive free doctor’s consultations within three months upon the completion of treatment without any extra fees.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova