The University Clinic of Erlangen is one of the largest medical institutions in Germany. It treats more than half a million patients annually. The Erlangen Cancer Center has been recognized as the Center of Excellence thanks to the use of the latest developments in the field of cancer treatment.
Treatment in Erlangen
Erlangen is a small town in Bavaria with a population of about 100 thousand people. Nevertheless, it takes a leading position in the development and production of medical equipment not only in Germany, but also in the world . Friedrich-Alexander University is located here. One of the most respected German clinics functions at this University.
There is no airport in Erlangen. The nearest airport is located in Nuremberg, which is located just a few kilometers from the city. You can get to Erlangen by train or bus. If you use the services of Booking Health, an employee of our company will meet you at the airport and transport you to the hospital by car.
Main medical directions
Conditions effectively treated at the clinic include:
- Breast cancer. The department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammalogy specializes in treating diseases that affect the female reproductive system, including breast cancer. The department is part of the Breast Center of Franconia.
- Colon cancer. The Department of Gastroenterology, Pulmonology and Endocrinology (Department of Medicine I) specializes in endoscopic methods of diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases, including cancer. Here the newest therapeutic approaches in oncology are practiced.
- Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease. The Department of Neurology has succeeded in treating motor disorders. Here, serious diseases such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease are successfully treated.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy. The Department of Hematology and Internal Oncology (Department of Medicine V) and the Department of Radiation Therapy work in close cooperation with each other to provide qualified medical assistance in treating oncological diseases of different localization. Here, radiochemotherapy, brachytherapy, hyperthermia and intensity modulated radiotherapy are effectively used.
Organizing treatment at the Erlangen University Hospital
With Booking Health you do not have to worry about organizational issues. We will organize your treatment at the Erlangen University Hospital. All you have to do is focus on your health. We will help you save effort, time and money.
Our advantages include:
- All organizational issues with the administration of the clinic: the organization of treatment, reducing the waiting period, providing room for an accompanying person, an individual meal plan, stay in wards of increased comfort, etc.
- Services: assistance in preparing documents, translating medical records, interpreting your communication with medical personnel and administration of the hospital, transfer from the airport to the clinic and back.
- Saving money. You can save up to 70% of the cost of medical services as Booking Health has a direct contract with the Erlangen University Hospital.
The previously stipulated cost of treatment, diagnosis or rehabilitation is guaranteed not to increase, because all extra expenses will be covered by insurance.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova