Diseases of the lower extremities joints can significantly worsen someone’s life quality and might lead to disability. Ankle and knee joints are often exposed to injuries and pathological processes. Nonetheless, all illnesses of this musculoskeletal system structures are successfully treated in Germany. Here, you can find the best orthopedics, trauma care, and sport healthcare centers.
Ankle and knee joints diseases
Joints diseases can occur due to various reasons. But most often these are three groups of etiological factors:
- Dystrophic (degenerative) processes
- Inflammatory diseases, including autoimmune pathologies
Key pathologies of the ankle joint:
- Sprains and tears
- Rheumatic diseases (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis)
- Ankle arthrosis
- Impingment syndrome
Frequent pathology of the knee:
- Gonarthrosis (knee osteoarthritis)
- Damage to the meniscus
- Arthritis (autoimmune or infectious inflammatory processes)
- Sprain and ligament rupture (most often there are injuries of cruciate ligaments)
Benefits of treatment of joints diseases in Germany
Mostly, people having enough financial income, prefer to get treatment of ankle or knee joint injuries in Germany. There is everything necessary in this country for the thorough therapy, aimed at the complete restoration of the lower extremity function.
Key benefits of joint diseases treatment in Germany are:
- Highly qualified personnel. Specialists with a world-wide reputation work in German hospitals. These are rheumatologists, orthopedists, rehabilitologists, and specialists in the field of sports medicine. Great experience and professionalism allows choosing the best therapeutic tactics for each case, which leads to the restoration of the structure and function of the damaged joint.
- Highly-precised diagnostics. German hospitals are well equipped. This allows to determine accurate diagnosis before starting the treatment. All most modern diagnostic procedures are used here: computed tomography, MRI, arthroscopy. They allow establishingof the main cause of the pathological process, assessment the degree of its severity, planning of the optimal scheme of treatment and patient rehabilitation.
- Modern types of surgery. Operations are conducted according to the latest standards in Germany. The purpose of the interventions is not only to eliminate the pathological process, but also to make it minimally traumatic for the patient. The less is trauma to the tissues, the lower is the risk of complications, the less is the postoperative pain, and, finally, the shorter is the rehabilitation period. If possible, surgery is performed by arthroscopic methods (through mini-incisions in the joint).
- Qualitative endoprostheses. A consequence of a far-gone pathological process may be the need for endoprosthetics of the joint. Patients are provided with quality prostheses in Germany that allow them to return to an active lifestyle after the operation and during the rehabilitation period, and even play sports. Modern knee and ankle endoprostheses serve for decades and do not require replacement.
- Recovery after treatment. Rehabilitation is required after surgery for ankle or knee joint disease. In Germany, the best rehabilitation centers function and the patient can fully recover over there. Daily procedures, training simulators and medical manipulations are conducted under the guidance of experienced rehabilitation specialists.
German hospitals providing treatment of ankle and knee joints diseases
The majority of German healthcare centers are ready to admit foreign patients suffering from ankle or knee joint diseases.
Here are some of them:
- Heidelberg University Hospital. Orthopedic department of this hospital is considered one of the best in Germany. It specializes in sports orthopedics and trauma care. Here operations are carried out on endoprosthetics of the knee and ankle joints.
- Charité University Hospital. Here patients are treated in the Charité center of musculoskeletal system surgery. It has three departments: orthopedics, trauma care and reconstructive surgery. Both conservative and surgical methods of treatment of joint pathology are used here.
- Karl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Dresden. The University Center for Orthopedics and Trauma care is considered to be the best for operations on arthroplasty. It has the status of an interregional trauma care center and a center for endoprosthetics of maximum provision.
Arrangement of joints diseases treatment in Germany
If you need to undergo a course of treatment or have surgery at one of the best German hospitals, you can contact the specialists of Booking Health for help.
We are experts in the field of medical tourism and for many years have been involved in the arrangement of treatment abroad. The appeal to us gives you many advantages.
Here are the main ones:
- The opportunity to save up to 70% of the treatment cost
- Full package of services: assistance in visa processing, hotel and flight tickets booking, airport transfer
- Reduced waiting time for treatment.
- BookingHealth insurance, covering unforeseen medical expenses in case of complications
- Free consultations of the attending physician within 3 months after the therapeutic course
To take full advantage of the cooperation with Booking Health, fill in an application on our website. Our manager will contact you after processing it.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova