Due to the difficulties associated with the organization of treatment in Turkey, Switzerland, South Korea and India, we are not currently processing requests to these regions.
If you are interested in treatment in Germany, please leave a request and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
Neurological disorders are a group of pathological processes affecting the central and peripheral nervous systems. German doctors are successfully engaged in the treatment of this group of conditions.
The country offers well developed services in the areas of neurology, neurosurgery and neuroradiology, which belong to the most complex medical fields and require some of the most advanced technologies and methods for diagnosis and treatment.
- What diseases can be treated in Germany?
- Benefits of Treatment in Germany
- What hospitals can treat neurological disorders?
- Arranging Treatment of neurological disorders in Germany
What diseases can be treated in Germany?
In Germany almost any disorder of the nervous system can be treated. Especially in case of severe conditions, foreign patients prefer to consult German doctors.
Being treated in German hospitals, patients have a chance of achieving remission and can undergo high-quality surgical treatment if necessary. A significant improvement of the patient’s health status or even the complete elimination of the disease is possible.
Here is a list of the most common diseases treated in German hospitals:
With the actual cause of the neurologic symptoms not being clarified, patients often travel to Germany to get diagnosed. Common complaints of the affected persons are severe headaches, motor and sensory disabilities, tremor, serious memory impairment, etc.
They all receive excellent medical care and thus the opportunity to significantly improve their quality of life.
Benefits of Treatment in Germany
Neurological disorders can basically be treated in any country in the world. However, this group of conditions can prove to be quite challenging in terms of diagnosis and treatment, which leads to the fact that treatment is more likely to be successful, if the hospital has a good financial support.
Many neurological patients prefer to undergo a course of therapy in Germany’s medical institutions, due to the following benefits:
- The most advanced diagnostic techniques. German hospitals use hi-tech diagnostic procedures that can accurately determine the localization or the absence of a pathological process and assess its degree of severity. This enables the treating specialists to construct the optimal therapeutic plan.
- Minimally invasive surgery. German doctors try to give preference to minimally invasive surgical methods, if possible. Such surgeries do not require craniotomy which speeds up recovery and reduces the risk of neurological deficiency after the intervention. Brain surgeries are often performed with an access through the nose, via minimal punctures in the bone of the skull or through blood vessels. Spinal cord procedures most commonly involve the use of video endoscopy equipment.
- Stereotaxic surgery. In addition the use of the Gamma Knife and Cyber Knife technologies, which are available in many hospitals around the world, Germany also offers proton therapy. This is an expensive but exceptionally accurate method to reduce or even remove brain tumors with a targeting precision of a tenth of a millimeter. Thus, doctors can treat the affected area alone, without damaging the surrounding healthy tissue.
- Timely medical care. Many neurological disorders can pose a threat to the patient’s life, as the condition can aggravate at any time. German Neurology Centers and Departments of Neurology are equipped with intensive care units. If necessary, the patient will receive timely and qualified medical care to the fullest extent.
- The most advanced treatments. To treat neurological disorders, Germany uses both its own and international developments. The country offers well advanced cell therapy. Stem cells can be highly effective in treating neurodegenerative diseases. Gene therapy and immunotherapy can be used to fight brain cancer. In some cases, doctors can use transcranial magnetic stimulation or implant a neurostimulator.
- New drugs. The country is constantly developing new medicines. There are drugs being administered that have not yet been registered in other countries. They are more effective and safe. Upon completion of the treatment in Germany, the patient can take all necessary medication with him/her to continue the course of therapy in his/her home country.
- World’s leading experts. Much depends not only on treatment methods, but also on the doctors’ qualifications. In Germany one can find some of the best neurologists in the world. They can provide the best results in the treatment of disorders regarding the central and peripheral nervous system.
What hospitals can treat neurological disorders?
Germany offers a considerable number of medical centers that have succeeded in treating neurological disorders. Primary attention should be paid to the university hospitals, which are involved in the development and introduction of the very latest treatments.
- University Hospital Münster. The Department of Neurology provides treatment to a great number of patients. There is a Stroke Unit and an Intensive Care Unit. The department can treat patients with any neurological disorder: inflammatory, degenerative, autoimmune, infectious and post-traumatic. The Department of Neurology maintains close cooperation with the Departments of Neurosurgery and Radiology.
- Charite University Hospital Berlin. The doctors of the Department of Neurology specialize in the treatment of patients suffering from motor disorders, including deficiencies after stroke and Parkinson’s disease. The department also treats patients with neuro-oncological conditions, epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. The Department of Neurology is equipped with the most advanced treatment regimens.
- University Hospital Heidelberg. This university hospital has a Neurology Center, integrating three departments, namely the Departments of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Neuroradiology. The center uses state-of-the-art stereotaxic surgery techniques. The doctors of the university hospital provide effective treatment to patients suffering from epilepsy, chronic inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system and headaches. The center performs vascular neurosurgical interventions, minimally invasive surgery to remove spinal hernias as well as skull base surgery.
Arranging Treatment of neurological disorders in Germany
Our company organizes treatment in Germany for foreign patients. If you contact the specialists from Booking Health, you will benefit from the following services:
- Reduced total cost up to 70% of the total sum
- Insurance covering up to two hundred thousand euros for unexpected medical expenses
- Selection of the best hospital where you will receive the best quality and the most modern treatment
- Shortened waiting time for the first doctor’s visit
- Assistance in obtaining a visa, booking a hotel and purchasing airline tickets
- Service package: transfer from the airport, translation of documents, interpreting services during your communication with the medical staff of the hospital
- Doctor’s follow up consultation within 3 months after treatment at no extra charge
To take full advantage of the Booking Health services, make a request on our website. Our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!