Due to the difficulties associated with the organization of treatment in Turkey, Switzerland, South Korea and India, we are not currently processing requests to these regions.
If you are interested in treatment in Germany, please leave a request and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
You don't always need to wait for signs and symptoms of illness to appear before going to the doctor or hospital. Health-conscious people who pay close attention to their well-being, especially as they age, have regular check-ups. Check-up is a preventive measure. It can be general or aimed at identifying certain groups of pathological processes in the human body.
The patient himself decides what kind of examination he/she needs, depending on state of health. For example, if a person is worried about chest pain from time to time, it is worth having a cardiological screening. In case of sexual dysfunctions, it is necessary to have urological or gynaecological exams and so on. People who do not have any disturbing factors just need to undergo a basic examination. You can also opt for an in-depth advanced examination of the entire body to be sure if you have any concerns about your health.
German hospitals offer complete body diagnostics. It differs in high reliability and diagnostic accuracy. It uses exam processes not available in other countries. Let's take a look at the types of check-up in Germany.
- Basic check-up
- Gastroenterological check-up
- Cardiological check-up
- Gynecological check-up
- Urological check-up
- Prevention of female cancer
- Prevention of male cancer
- Extended examination of the whole body
- Arrangement of treatment in Germany
Most patients who do not have any symptoms prefer a basic examination. Based on its results, you can undergo an additional in-depth examination to determine if there are any irregularities in the tests.
Basic check-up includes:
- Medical examination and clinical examination of the patient
- Blood test for thyroid hormones
- Biochemical blood test to assess the function of the kidneys, liver, pancreas (urea, creatinine, bilirubin, liver enzymes, pancreatic enzymes)
- Blood test to assess carbohydrate and fat metabolism (glucose, triglycerides, cholesterol)
- Assessment of blood coagulation function
- Blood electrolyte levels
- IVF at rest and with exercise
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs, abdominal cavity, including a Doppler probe for assessing the state of blood vessels
- Chest X-ray
The patient receives the results and consults with the doctor, who gives recommendations regarding the necessary changes in the lifestyle, taking medications or further examination (if pathological processes are detected).
These are the following hospitals where you can get a basic examination:
- Outpatient Diagnostic Center Charite Mitte Berlin
- Zum Heiligen Geist Academic Hospital
- Neuperlach Academic Hospital at the Ludwig-Maximilian University (LMU)
Patients with dyspepsia (belching, heartburn, flatulence) or abdominal pain often undergo a gastrointestinal check-up in German hospitals. In addition to general clinical studies, it includes:
- Determination of the level of iron and hemoglobin in the blood for the diagnosis of anemia
- Tests for markers of inflammation
- Fecal occult blood test, Helicobacter pylori antigens, elastase
- Gastroscopy to check for Helicobacter pylori infection, biopsy of the stomach lining
- Colonoscopy with simultaneous removal of polyps if found, as well as their subsequent histological examination.
You can also have gastroenterological check-up in such German healthcare institutions:
Patients with heart disease or a history of heart disease who do not wish to undergo a cardiovascular examination can undergo a cardiac check-up in Germany
The standard list of diagnostic procedures in this case:
- General clinical research
- Biochemical blood test, including the determination of markers of heart disease
- Blood gas analysis
- ECG at rest and with exercise
- Determination of body composition
- Color Doppler echocardiography
- Doppler ultrasonography of cerebral vessels;
- In case of hypertension, an examination of the fundus
- According to indications - CT angiography.
Hospitals where you can get a cardiac examination:
All women, regardless of whether she is experiencing symptoms or not, should have regular gynecological examination in order to prevent pathological diseases of the reproductive system. It will include:
- General clinical tests
- Determination of cancer markers in the blood (chemical compounds indicating the possible development of cancer)
- Determining of the level of hormones in the blood
- Analysis of urine
- Gynecological examination
- Vaginal ultrasound, pelvic organs, mammary glands
- Colposcopy (examination of the cervix with a special device)
- Mammography (X-ray examination of the mammary glands)
- Smear from the structures of the genitourinary system (vagina, cervix, urethra) followed by culture examination ( pap smear)
- Cervical biopsy if indicated
Hospitals where you can get a gynecological examination:
Men with reproductive or sexual dysfunctions can undergo a urological check-up in Germany, which includes:
- Biochemical blood test to assess kidney function
- Blood test for PSA (a marker of prostate cancer)
- Blood test for androgens (male hormones)
- Urinalysis to assess the function of the urinary system
- Ultrasound of the prostate, kidneys, bladder
Hospitals that are screened for the early detection of urological diseases:
- University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- Urology Hospital Munich-Planegg, Munich
- University Hospital Ulm
Prevention of female cancer
Breast cancer and cervical cancer are very common among women. These pathologies are easily treated and possibly cured if they are detected at the early stages. Although there are no symptoms during the initial stage of the disease, a preventive oncological examination will help to identify the disease. It includes:
These pathologies are easily treatable and, possibly, cured if they are detected in the early stages. Although there are no symptoms at the initial stage of the disease, a preventive cancer examination will help identify the disease. It includes:
- General clinical tests
- Determination of tumor markers in the blood
- Assessment of hormonal status
- Urine analysis
- Cervical biopsy
- Ultrasound of the mammary glands, pelvic organs
- X-ray examination of the mammary glands
- Bacterial smear from the urethra, vagina, cervix
Cancer prophylaxis can be done at the following hospitals:
Prevention of male cancer
Preventive check-up for male oncologic pathologies is aimed at early detection of malignant neoplasms in the reproductive system, as well as those types of cancer from which men are more likely to suffer than women.
German hospitals adhere to a special plan for oncological examination of men:
- General analysis of blood and urine
- Advanced blood count, including determination of thyroid hormones, sex hormones, blood coagulation factors, kidney function, mineral, fat and carbohydrate metabolism, blood gas composition, immune status, sex hormone levels.
- Blood test for tumor markers
- Analysis for markers of inflammation
- Fecal occult blood test
- Whole body MRI
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs, abdominal cavity, thyroid gland
- Ultrasound of the prostate, kidneys, bladder, testicles
Prophylactic examination in order to identify oncological pathologies in men can be carried out in the following hospitals:
Extended examination of the whole body
German clinics offer services such as extended checkup diagnosis for patients who want to be 100% confident in their well-being. It includes a large number of different analytical and instrumental studies. Nevertheless, the diagnosis will not be long in coming. A complete examination of the patient can be carried out in three days.
Extended check-up includes:
- Clinical examination
- Clinical analysis of blood and urine
- Biochemical blood test to assess the function of the pancreas, kidneys, liver
- Assessment of carbohydrate and lipid metabolism
- Blood test for electrolytes
- Blood test for viral hepatitis B and C
- Determination of hormones in the blood
- Blood test for tumor markers
- Analysis for markers of cardiovascular pathology
- Assessment of bone metabolism
- Stool analysis for elastase, antigens of Helicobacter pylori infection
- Lung function assessment (spirometry)
- Ultrasound of the thyroid gland, pelvic organs, abdominal cavity
- Doppler ultrasonography of the heart and cerebral vessels
- Exercise and rest ECG
- MRI of the whole body
- Angiography of the vessels of the neck
- Measurement of intraocular pressure
- Urological or gynecological examination
Hospitals where you can undergo such an extended preventive examination:
Arrangement of treatment in Germany
If you want to use the services of German doctors and get tested, you can choose the best hospital with Booking Health. Our medical consultants will help you at no cost.
In the future, you can also use BookingHealth to confirm and book a diagnostic examination in Germany. It is very beneficial for you, because:
- You save up to 70% of the total cost of diagnostic and treatment services;
- We will provide all organizational issues (we will contact the administration of the clinic, provide an interpreter, help in obtaining a visa);
- You receive full health insurance that protects you from unexpected medical expenses for 48 months after diagnosis or treatment;
- After completing a course of diagnostic procedures, you will consult a doctor within 3 months at no additional charge.
To learn more about Booking Health services, leave a request on the website. Our service manager will contact you shortly.
Choose treatment abroad and you will get the best results surely!