University Hospital Cologne
location_on Cologne, Germany
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics ( 26169)
Prof. Dr. med.
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics
Curriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- 1977 - 1983 Study of medicine at the Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms-University in Bonn.
- 1983 - 1988 Research Assistant at the Department of Gynecology of the University Hospital Bonn.
- 1984 - 1995 Head of the Laboratory for Tumor and Reproductive Immunology in the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Bonn.
- 1985 Doctorate with "magna cum laude" on the immunology of the cervical carcinoma.
- 1989 Specialist in gynecology and obstetrics.
- 1989 - 1993 Senior Physician in the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Bonn.
- 1993 - 1995 Leading Senior Physician in the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Bonn.
- 1991 Habilitation on the Immunology of Breast Cancer.
- 1996 Appointed to the Chair and Director of the Department and Polyclinic of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University Hospital Cologne.
- 1997 Optional advanced training in special surgical gynecology.
- 1997 Optional advanced training in special obstetrics and perinatal medicine.
- 2006 Optional advanced training in gynecologic oncology.
- 2006 Certification of the Breast Center by the Medical Association of Westphalia-Lippe (recertification in 2009 and 2012).
- 2007 Certification as the Training Center of the European Board of Gynecology and Obstetrics (EBCOG, recertification in 2012).
- 2007 Certification as ESGO's European Gynecologic Cancer Center.
- 2008 Certification of the Gynecologic Cancer Center according to the requirements of DKG (recertification in 2011 and 2014).
- 2010 Certification of the Breast Center according to the requirements of DKG/DGS (recertification in 2013).
- 2012 Senior Breast Surgeon (DKG/DGS).
- 2013 Certification of the Dysplasia Center according to the requirements of DKG.
Membership in scientific societies
- Chairman of the Ordinary Convent of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Member of the Board of the Association of Gynecologic Oncology.
- Chairman of the Commission for the treatment of diseases of the uterus AGO.
- Member of the Commission for the treatment of diseases of vulva/vagina AGO 4.
- President of the German Turkish Society of Gynecology.
- President of the Lower Rhine-Westphalia Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics.
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics of the University Hospital Cologne under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Peter Mallmann deals with the diseases of the female genital and reproductive organs, childbirth and obstetrical procedures.
A highly qualified team of specialists of the department provides the ultimate care in some condition or problems with pregnancy. The department provides the whole range of services in the field of gynecology and obstetrics at the current level of science and technology.
The department offers the best possible obstetric care. There is the ultrasound unit of the highest certification level (DEGUM-III) for a comprehensive diagnosis of the fetus in the womb. The department also provides the full range of modern treatment options during and after delivery, including water birth or birth in the sitting position, as well as accommodation of mother and her baby in the same ward. In addition to the best possible medical care, the department pays much attention to ensuring that the patients feel comfortable during their whole hospital stay. To this end, the department employs a motivated team of doctors, midwives and nursing staff.
The range of medical services of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics includes:
- Center for Reproductive Medicine with the IVF laboratory and cryopreservation
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Oncology day department (with chemotherapy)
- Gynecological ultrasound tests (abdominal ultrasound, transvaginal sonography, Doppler sonography, 3D sonography)
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University Hospital Cologne ranks among the top German departments specializing in obstetrics and breast cancer treatment!