University Hospital Cologne
location_on Cologne, Germany
Department of Pediatrics ( 26181)
Prof. Dr. med.
Specialized in: pediatrics
Curriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- 1986 - 1989 Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
- 1989 - 1990 University College Dublin, Ireland.
- 1990 - 1993 Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
- 1993-1998 Research Assistant in the Department of Pediatrics at the University Hospital Giessen.
- 1994 Thesis.
- 1998 - 2004 Fellow and Head of the Department of Pediatrics at the University Hospital Erlangen.
- 2000 Professorship.
- Since 2008, Professor W-2 (for life).
- Since 2010, Head of the Department and Polyclinic of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, University of Cologne.
- Pediatric endocrinology and diabetology.
- Pediatric nephrology.
Membership in professional societies
- German Society of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.
- German Society of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology (DGKED) e.V.
- German Nutrition Society (DGE).
- German Society of Pediatric Nephrology.
- Society of Neonatology and Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine.
- European Society of Pediatric Clinical Research.
- 1986 - 1996 Scholarship (Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes).
- 1999 Jürgen Bierich Award of the Society of Pediatric Endocrinology (APE) DGE.
- 2000 Young Investigator Award of the European Society of Pediatric Society (ESPE): "For substantial achievements in the field of pediatric endocrinology".
- Young Investigator Award of the German Society of Hypertension. Subject: Evidence for change of 11-beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Activity during infancy and childhood, Heidelberg.
The Department of Pediatrics at the University Hospital Cologne under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Jörg Dötsch treats children and adolescents using innovative methods and an individual medical care. The specialists of the department provide both inpatient and outpatient diagnosis and treatment of all conditions, including intensive care. The staff of the department is about 400 people.
The doctors of the department are highly experienced in the treatment of acute diseases, extremely premature newborns and children with chronic diseases.
The service range of the department includes:
- Specialized Outpatient Department and General Polyclinic (obesity, diabetes, endocrinology, osteology and metabolic disorders, rheumatology)
- Gastroenterology and hepatology
- Intensive Care
- Nephrology, immunology and hypertension
- Cystic fibrosis
- Pediatric oncology and hematology
- Pulmonology and allergology
- Center for Social Pediatrics
- Pediatric specialized surgery (Department of General, Visceral and Tumor Surgery)