University Hospital Cologne
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery (26187)
Specialized in: oral and maxillofacial plastic surgery
About the department
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Cologne under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. Joachim Zöller provides the whole range of services in the field of dentistry, maxillofacial surgery, oral surgery and implantology. The department is the Comprehensive Center for Maxillofacial and Oral Pathologies. Besides, the specialization field of the department covers reconstructive plastic surgery of the head and neck.
The department includes a patient room, the Maxillofacial Surgery Outpatient Facility, the Private Clinic and the Dental Surgery Outpatient Facility. Surgical interventions are performed either in operating rooms or in the dental chairs.
The department is staffed by the leading maxillofacial surgeons, specialists in the field of surgical dentistry. In case of comprehensive treatment programs, the patient is supported by a highly motivated team of dental assistants, medical staff, speech therapists, specialists in the field of therapeutic exercises and dental technicians.
The service range of the department covers:
- Congenital growth disorders, such as cleft lip and palate
- Premature cranial suture closures (premature craniosynostosis)
- Surgery of benign and malignant tumors
- Orthodontic surgery, injuries of the teeth, bony facial skeleton and surrounding soft tissues (trauma surgery)
- Reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, septic surgery
The Polyclinic of Dental Surgery specializes in the medical care and surgical treatment of dentoalveolar (i.e. related to teeth or jaw) clinical pictures.
The department performs the following surgical procedures:
- Root end resection
- Teeth extraction
- Removal of impacted wisdom teeth
- Surgical treatment of cysts
- Studying at the Medical Faculty of the Heidelberg University.
- Studying dentistry at the Mainz University.
- 1983 Advance training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department and Polyclinic of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Heidelberg University.
- 1987 Qualified as Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
- 1988 Senior Physician.
- 1990 Additional qualification "Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery".
- 1992 Assistant Professor in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 1994 Head of the Department and Polyclinic of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Heidelberg University.
- 1997 Professor C4, Department and Polyclinic of Oral, Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery and Implantology, University Hospital Cologne.
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery.
University Hospital Cologne:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home