Oncology is one of the most popular medical tourism destinations in economically developed countries. The successful treatment of cancer requires a high level of equipment and qualification of doctors. All this is available in Israel. Therefore, thousands of patients come here every year to defeat cancer.
The most important stage in the cancer treatment is the comprehensive diagnostics of the patient. The diagnostics of cancer at the initial stages significantly improves the prognosis, because the earlier a tumor is detected, the easier it is removed and the occurrence of relapse is less likely to occur.
However, the symptoms appear only at the advanced stages of cancer, and therefore a tumor can be detected at the initial stage of the oncological process only with the help of preventive examination. In Israel, you can undergo cancer screening. The special tests make it possible to detect most tumors at the stage when their removal can be performed easily, quickly, efficiently and with minimal injury to the patient.
If cancer has already been detected, the specifying diagnostic tests are of crucial importance. The treatment in Israel begins only when the patient has undergone the full examination. Depending on the type of cancer, it may include the following options:
- CT scan;
- endoscopic examinations;
- histological examination of the tumor;
- molecular genetic tests for the determination of the tumor type, detection of mutations in genes, hormone receptors.
After that, the doctor knows exactly the required scope of surgery, whether it is worth using hormonal drugs, which chemotherapy regimen is preferable.
In most cases, cancer treatment in Israel is not possible without surgery. This is the main treatment method for various types of cancer, which gives a chance for a complete cure of oncology.
Surgical treatment in Israel is one of the most effective in the world. The doctors totally or partially remove the organ affected by the cancer process, adjacent tissues, lymph nodes. The resection is performed in that manner so that oncology does not return after surgery. During any operation, the surgeons absolutely follow the principles of ablastics and antiblastics. These include the following options:
- prevention of cancer cell dispersion along the surgical field, their entry into the blood or lymphatic vessels;
- elimination of all cancer cells, which appeared on the tissues of the surgical field;
- if possible, the tumor is removed within a single block with lymph nodes and other tissues;
- the necessary distance within the limits of healthy tissues must be kept.
At the initial stages, cancer in Israel can often be treated using minimally invasive surgeries. These surgical procedures have the same effectiveness, but they are less traumatic for the patient. They improve postoperative period, accelerate rehabilitation and reduce the risk of complications.
The level of technical equipment in many hospitals provides for the possibility of robot-assisted surgery. The surgical treatment of cancer in Israel using robot-assisted surgery allows the doctor to remove the tumor as accurately as possible without injuring healthy tissues. It is a proven fact that such surgical interventions significantly reduce the risk of complications.
Other treatment methods
In most cases, surgical treatment in Israel is not the only method of cancer treatment. The following additional procedures can be used:
- chemotherapy and radiation therapy can be either applied before surgery to reduce the tumor size or they can be used after surgery to prevent a relapse;
- brachytherapy, which involves the insertion of radioactive seeds into the body area where the tumor is located;
- hormone therapy assumes an operation to remove reproductive glands or the administration of drugs to block the growth of a hormone-dependent tumor.
In some types of cancer, the following treatment methods can be highly effective:
- stem cell transplantation;
- radionuclide therapy;
- radiosurgery (CyberKnife, Gamma Knife);
- proton therapy;
- photodynamic therapy;
- targeted therapy;
- gene therapy;
- chemoembolization of the arteries that feed the tumor;
- electromagnetic therapy;
- hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy.
Clinical trials are constantly being carried out in Israel. Therefore, even in cases where all the possibilities of cancer treatment are exhausted, the patients can take part in trials of new types of cancer treatment. It is likely that they will be more successful. All the most effective methods, which are currently used in practice, have once passed clinical trials, and according to their results were introduced into oncological practice.
What types of cancer are treated in Israel?
The Israeli clinics can treat various types of cancer. They demonstrate some successes even at the advanced stages. The foreign patients mostly visit Israeli oncologists in order to undergo treatment of the following types of cancer:
Lung cancer. It is the world's first cause of human death from cancer. In many cases, the doctors may not even agree to perform surgery, but the Israeli doctors often manage to cure this type of cancer. This is especially true for non-small cell lung cancer. The doctors perform modern bronchoplastic operations, which can increase the tumor resectability. Therefore, the doctors in Israel perform the surgical treatment in even those patients who with a high probability would not receive treatment from oncologists in other countries.
Prostate cancer. It is one of the most common tumors in men. In Israel, robot-assisted surgeries are performed to remove an organ. They are minimally invasive, less traumatic, with a minimal risk of complications. The patient preserves potency, the occurrence of urinary incontinence decreases. Even at the advanced stages of cancer, when it is inoperable, the Israeli oncologists achieve good treatment results due to radiation, chemotherapy, hormonal and radionuclide therapy.
Brain cancer. The tumors of the central nervous system are not very common, but it is very difficult to treat them. Israel uses modern surgical interventions, which can remove the neoplasm even when it is deeply located in functionally important regions of the brain. To this end, MRI-guided laser ablation can be used. The small tumors can be removed using CyberKnife without incisions at all, without pain, with a minimal risk of complications.
Cervical cancer. The healthcare system in Israel is designed in such a way that this cancer can be prevented even at the stage of the precancerous process due to a mass examination of women, but developing countries still have a high level of the occurrence of cervical cancer. The Israeli oncologists provide medical care to such patients, perform effective operations to remove malignant tumors.
Breast cancer. It is the most common type of cancer in women in most countries of the world. In Israel, the doctors have vast experience in the treatment of this disease and perform high-quality operations. If possible, the breast is not totally removed. The simultaneous intervention on both mammary glands is possible in order to maintain aesthetics. The additional options include such therapies as hormonal, radiation, targeted therapy, chemotherapy. The state-of-art molecular genetic testing helps to select a treatment regimen.
Organization of treatment
The healthcare system in Israel is one of the best in the world. Therefore, more and more foreign patients come here annually.
You can also take full advantage of Israeli medicine. To undergo treatment in Israel, you can contact the Booking Health company. On our website you can see the costs of treatment of various types of cancer. The costs may vary depending on the clinic and the applied treatment techniques.
We will solve all organizational issues, reduce the cost of treatment for you and make it more effective due to the competent selection of a medical facility and a doctor. We provide the following benefits:
- Selection of the clinic whose specialists have succeeded in the treatment of a certain group of oncological diseases.
- Reduced costs of treatment due to the lack of coefficients and overpricing for foreign patients. The cost of treatment in Israel is on average lower than in most other economically developed countries.
- Preparation of the treatment program without the need to repeat previous examinations.
- Booking the appointment on the most suitable dates for you.
- Establishment of communication with your attending physician.
- Monitoring of the programs at all its stages.
- Сontrol of invoices and return of unspent funds upon the treatment program completion.
- Communication with the clinic after treatment completion.
- Buying and forwarding medicines.
- Organization of additional diagnostics or treatment.
Booking Health provides high-quality services. We will help you to prepare the documents for a trip abroad, book a hotel near the medical facility, book airline tickets and provide a transfer from the airport to the clinic.